Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097373 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2055 on: August 03, 2015, 11:06:42 PM »
Mike---

resort to the words of our fearless leader Alfred E. Neuman or was it Newman

"What me Worry?"

I still  have to build me a non conductive shield of the connector bar so if someone drops something on it will not short out or burn UP!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2056 on: August 03, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »
The subaru never stops it seems.

All my Autometer gauges are mechanical and the capillaries are going to be too short.
The oil pressure gauge is the only one where I see a simple solution.
As far as the others go?, I walked away for now. :evil:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2057 on: August 03, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »
Podunk---those special hinges require Red Neck clip in shoes to function.  

We have not been successful in figuring out how to get a special variance for rear steer from SCTA as the driver  is facing the rear when clipped in.  

Maybe we should consider a cornea transplant to enable the driver to see out his posterior .
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Podunk

« Reply #2058 on: August 04, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
When you suit up and think about going 350 in that thing puckering up won't be a problem.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2059 on: August 04, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
LOL

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2060 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »
Maybe we should consider a cornea transplant to enable the driver to see out his posterior .

Wouldn't that would make him a politician?  :? :? :?
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2061 on: August 06, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
lol

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2062 on: August 08, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
Sparky,does the steering come up when the canopy is moved to the up position,or is the steering locked down.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2063 on: August 08, 2015, 06:36:27 PM »
Sparky was out here an hour ago, Glen.  He gave me one of Miss Linda's chocolate chip cookies.  Glad he gave it to me.  Sure wish I could have had two.

But anyway, he's here and probably not too close to a 'puter.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2064 on: August 08, 2015, 09:21:41 PM »
Sparky,does the steering come up when the canopy is moved to the up position,or is the steering locked down.

It .....

... pivots up.  An outside latch, that can also be opened from the inside releases the canopy and it hinges up on the hinges in the picture.  A seat belt latch on each side holds the framework that also pivots up that the gauges and steering is attached to,

Sum
------------------------------------------------------------
Guys,

If you look real close you can see drivers side seat belt latch that is attached to the "Leg Jail" that the steering shaft moves up and down with. There is one for each side to hold it down.  When the latches are released and the canopy latch is released the wheels contact a rails that lift the canopy for egress.

Sparky 8/11/15
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:30:14 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2065 on: August 10, 2015, 12:22:52 AM »
Sum thanks for covering for me--

-Francis and I just got back from Mojave Mile --hope to get in a good day working on Ms. Liberty Monday!!

As we went through Needles Ca. it looked like a war zone from what we saw there must be an arsonist  running around.

4 very distinct fires ---water bucket 'copters and fire bombers making passes on very high fires in what must have been creosote bushes--very black very aggressive burning into a brisk wind.

After reading online it must have been salt cedar that was burning so fiercely!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:01:02 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2066 on: August 11, 2015, 12:19:28 PM »
Well Francis and I noodled some more with the canopy but neither one of us was up for messing with fiber glass

Last night I got in 2 good hours on rebuild my straight back non equal length headers.  I cut up the ones off RATICAL and I am able to reuse the plates and use some of the old tubes to extend them outside of the skin of Ms Liberty.

The second picture was taken with the camera sitting on top of the rear axel
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:21:43 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2067 on: August 23, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
Well I finally got back out to the shop today to install a Rube Goldberg ac condensation gutter system--when I replaced the ac unit it had a different drain location than the old one and the condensation was running down the wall in the insulation---I gave it a week to dry out--not much problem during the day in the 107--115 temps.  We are facing a shop revamp as we are going to install a lift.
 It's sorta a co-op effort several of us want to start/continue changing our own oil. We can pay for the lift in about 100 oil changes the cheapest car changes have gone up from 24.95 to 34.95  The 3/4 up trucks are more and a 10 qt Diesel is way more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:49:33 AM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2068 on: August 23, 2015, 10:02:49 AM »
Sparky, I wish you all the best no matter what the project may be.
The cool thing is that there's always some action going on with what you do.

Exciting times and I always look forward to the latest post. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2069 on: August 23, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
Geez  aren't you easy this morning!  lol