Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097234 times)

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2040 on: July 11, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »
we call that bingenginering  :-D  :cheers:

:cheers:  :-D  :cheers:  :-D  :cheers:
F/B
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2041 on: July 11, 2015, 08:07:32 AM »
If you want to see a reason for serious "bingengineering", check out the latest adaptor posted up on MM's build diary . . . . . .

Endless beer and 1 bottle of Schnapps will NOT be enough . . . . . . . .    I think I need to "borrow" Keith Richards liver . . . . . .

:cheers:
Fordboy 
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2042 on: July 11, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »
FB   some how I feel embarrassed with my struggles with the LS mid-plate

well my ac got here nearly 48 hours later from when it was supposed to--- the sleeve and chassis  was damaged but they gave me the option of a new one or a 20% discount---well 45 minutes later of rookie fender beater we have a mounting sleeve that needs 4 spot welds and we should be able to install it. Suppose to go back to hot today and we test ran it on the bench yesterday it still blow cold---hopefully by 10:00 we will have it running

Sum and I had a good 1/2 day then went to see Al E.'s  Lakester--all was out but we saw the lakester---block sitting in the frame---the new cam came a week late they got it Wed. afternoon--they are headed to El M this weekend for another try on the D/FL. +   Good Luck guys on that 226. +!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2043 on: July 11, 2015, 11:33:55 PM »
Wow Francis came back up today---we had a long productive day on the canopy and while he was working on it --I asked my neighbor Alex to come over and help me install the AC we were under AC by 10:00am an we got the shop back down to 85F by 6:30 Pm when we quit---yeah!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2044 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:49 AM »
Sumner has been in the shop everyday working on the data logging and instruments--- working on my poor weak mind helping me work with grasping it---mind you I didn't say understanding it all

---Andy has been over for a couple of hours several nights we are getting every thing back in--modifying what we wanted to or had to ---John came over for  2 days--

Francis is coming back up today --we should be able to fire today so Sum can calibrate the innovate stuff and show me how to pull the chip and read the data!!

If all goes well we try to have the canopy so Francis can take it back and install the Lexan

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2045 on: July 18, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
What a great week we had we have a few more gage mounting brackets to do then we can fire it off   we shall soon know what we have  if we get a track!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2046 on: July 23, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »
Well we are waiting on a v belt from HF for my band saw, so that we can get about modifying the old headers off RATICAL to fit MS LIBERTY.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #2047 on: July 23, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
I found a v belt for the lawn edger at a NAPA store.
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2048 on: August 01, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »
Andy and I finished the cockpit rewire for the gauges that Sum and I moved last week.

Should not take long to trace everything and confirm in the back after the new battery I did 2 weeks ago

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #2049 on: August 03, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2050 on: August 03, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
LOL

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2051 on: August 03, 2015, 12:12:53 PM »
what a slaved driver  :-D

Leg Jail down and locked rh and lh view

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2052 on: August 03, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
Drivers view and
LEG JAIL all the way up for driver's escape

left to right
oil pressure
water temp primarily for starting line pre-warm info
TACH
AFR
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:19:47 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Podunk

« Reply #2053 on: August 03, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »
Are those fancy hinges for the canopy or to get your feet in and out?

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2054 on: August 03, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »
Those are really good pichers Sparky. :-D

You've done so much.
I'm really scared now.
That's what I still need to do???. :cry: