Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097408 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2025 on: June 30, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »
Sparky,
... I may have to start drinking Miller Genuine Draft again . . . . . . .

Keep at it buddy.
 :cheers:
Fordboy

The horror  :evil: ... can it get that bad?  :cheers:

Sparky, you going to the TnT?  Should I drag the dyno
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2026 on: June 30, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
I'm certainly all in for another dyno "contest" here.  Mark & Chris should, I'd think, come up with the target number(s) and we'll go from there.  How 'bout it, gentlemen?  Wanna let us bet on what you get out of the new engine?  Maybe two numbers - HP and torque, okay?  Do you want a deadline date assigned or should we simply close the "balloting" the day before the dyno or - - what?  I'll come up with some kind of prize(s) -- maybe t-shirts specific to the awesomeness of the to-be-built-and-run motor.  Any other ideas?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2027 on: June 30, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
SS 1  My car is not quite ready and I do not want to pass up the invitation to stay at the "Bonneville Suite"---so do not drag to T&T---I sure hate to miss it
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2028 on: July 01, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
Andy and I made a new battery tray last night---today I will get a new batt.  if the old one will not hold a charge

The sensation of putting a lot of the stuff back in is bring back the feelings of almost having a new race car---we cant wait to start putting the oil lines back in and pre oiling this thing.

the anticipation of scurrying around checking for leaks, weeps, and loose things with the sound of the 565 making its wakeup sounds ---the only thing better---

visiting the Mayor and being able to enjoy & participate in one of his sunrise rise departures!!!!

:cheers:

Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2029 on: July 03, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »
Francis came up today---we had a very good day!!!!!!!!!!!

03  first pict is the new canopy down and in place the way it will "ride"

01  is the latch mech. that is on the outside of the body and canopy

04 shows that we are not giving up much in that it does not sick up above the main tank when we apply PP logic:
" it doesn't much matter how you open the hole it is all about how you close the hole"

we think we will be OK!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:36:38 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2030 on: July 06, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »
Our dear friend ---the purveyor of Murphy's Law--- paid us a visit over the weekend---my shop AC died.  Of course it would be in the hottest most humid time of the year---
 we have another on order-- a 25,000 btu window unit with a hoped for 8 quart dehumidifier capacity ---so today and tomorrow I will be cleaning out the corner and the HD work bench so that I can get it over to the corner so that we can use it to stand on to install the AC

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2031 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »
It hasn't helped that our monsoon season has started early this year-- the humidity is way up right now.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2032 on: July 06, 2015, 11:38:08 AM »
Sum is coming into town for a vist---can't wait to hear about his trip and to get him to help me wire, test and tune the data logging STUFF.

Francis may come up later also so that we maybe able to finish the CANOPY.

I know we need the AC to make that possible for us GOMs

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2033 on: July 06, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
Sum is coming into town for a vist---can't wait to hear about his trip and to get him to help me wire, test and tune the data logging STUFF.

Francis may come up later also so that we maybe able to finish the CANOPY.

I know we need the AC to make that possible for us GOMs

Yes we do  :-o :-o :-o but looking at the weather it is suppose to be quite cool there over the next few days with high's only in the low 100's  :cry: :cry: ... and I'm going to be leaving 80 deg. weather at home for that  :roll: :roll: :roll:.  See you tomorrow,

Sum

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2034 on: July 06, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
Bitchin Sparky! I like it a lot.  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2035 on: July 06, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »
Thanks when we get through Ms Liberty should be a SaLob ---skinny acura little old broad--- and were hop'in she is a little fast   :-D

--we do not care about her being real lose though  :roll:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:58:03 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2036 on: July 10, 2015, 12:04:03 AM »
Wow  what a great 2 days--Sum and I yesterday

Today Francis joined us from Tucson

Sum has been after the data logging

Francis worked on the Canopy--

John came over today also and he and I worked on moving the work bench taking the old AC unit out to get ready for the unit that was suppose to be here yesterday and late this afternoon we noticed it was not going to be here until Friday---2 days late!!

Thank goodness it never did get really hot yesterday or today!!

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2037 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:32 AM »

Thank goodness it never did get really hot yesterday or today!!

Hey Sparky,

If it gets too hot in the shop to work, retire to the house for "chilled beverage racing" . . . . . . . . .   :-D

You might not get as much done, but after a couple, you don't care!!
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #2038 on: July 10, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
AMEN!  :cheers:  :cheers:
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2039 on: July 10, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »
we call that bingenginering  :-D  :cheers: