Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097377 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2010 on: June 26, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »
had a good day yesterday---spent 15 minutes with 6 different groups of kids whose "summer camp" was kinetic energy with slot cars on ramps

I took some racing stuff:
 a SCTA rule book
on old helmet with the yearly inspection stickers
a moon disc
dictionary,
picture of RATICAL
parachute pack with a pilot chute
my 2008 USFRA "blue hat" trophy
blue hat
wore my 300 chapter t shirt signed, on the salt, by Sum, Ruth and Pork "it doesn't much matter how you open the hole, it is how you close the hole"  Pie .

I played the short run of my 2007 back up attempt  stopping and discussing how KINETICS were in play.

Later in the afternoon I was in the shop for 3 hours cleaning up stuff for re-instaliation.
di
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:09:21 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #2011 on: June 26, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »
Sparky- I'm sure some did, but I'll go ahead and say it, too: THANK YOU! The next generation needs real life information and experiences to interest them in science, math, etc. You (and others here) do the sport and hobby a giant service by taking of your time to support that. My hats off to you. :cheers:
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2012 on: June 26, 2015, 05:25:47 PM »
Cool or is it Kool  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.  See you soon,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2013 on: June 27, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »
Great day yesterday John came by for several hours and Andy last evening and today!

I thought I was through bracket racing but not so we made some new hold downs for the 190# in the very bottom of the car just in front of the rear axel and a new trans shift cable bracket!!

Painted frame with Rustoelum Primer will start back with the eng tomorrow.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2014 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24:21 AM »
Well the monsoon season is alive and well in the AZ desert---Francis reported a big thunder storm downpour west of Tucson and we had our first dust storm roll in last night---picking muddy/bloody buggers---how gross is that!!!!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2015 on: June 28, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
Ideal breakfast time reading Mate!  :evil:
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2016 on: June 28, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »
Well, Andy and I almost have the Rat back home---I let a ballast weight move just a little and we spent the AM cutting and chiseling lead---some how it just doesn't all align---4 out of 5 but now --as to why not 5x5--- back to the shop
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:41:04 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2017 on: June 28, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »
found it--evidently the GV housing was resting on the ballast in the past--so when I properly clearance it--down came the mid plate to where it should have been all along. Ms. LIBERTY is beginning to look like a "slinky salt lady"   Andy and I hope to fire her again on the 4th of July !!!!!!!  I have bought a new flag  and plan on putting it up on the 4th and save the old one for nasty days!!  We will post the picts on SSS Flags
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:47:30 PM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2018 on: June 29, 2015, 12:48:41 AM »
Some photos would be great if you have them. :wink:

Thanks Sparky.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2019 on: June 29, 2015, 11:17:14 PM »
ok

1. Well on closer inspection after we installed the starter---we had to flapper wheel the starter housing-- this is also the mid plate we had issues with

2. This is the original clearance problem

Andy and I had a good 2 hours dealing with "stuff" and beingengineering  ---so much fun!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:47:05 AM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2020 on: June 30, 2015, 12:44:25 AM »
Tight fit is an understatement. :-D

Every time I see stuff like this it scares me.

I know my time is coming.

Thanks Sparky. :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2021 on: June 30, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
didn't you just clearance :evil:  a gas tank?   that is what we doo- stuff stuff -- into the proverbial bag  :roll:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:45:49 AM by SPARKY »

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2022 on: June 30, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
Sparky,

It's always somethin' . . . . . . .    :roll:   :cry:

Just wait 'till Chris and I try to "shoehorn" that Rover into the Milwaukee Midget.

That will be good for some laughs . . . . . .   and some hair pulling . . . . . . .   

I may have to start drinking Miller Genuine Draft again . . . . . . .

Keep at it buddy.
 :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2023 on: June 30, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
FB  are we going to have another Dyno Lottery??????

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2024 on: June 30, 2015, 08:53:51 AM »
FB  are we going to have another Dyno Lottery??????

Dunno . . . . .   I think that will be midget's and Slim's call.

I'm just hoping the little turd doesn't blow the "meat" out of the "sandwich" . . . . . .  :roll:

THAT, would really be "Miller time".
 :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein