Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097549 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1980 on: March 15, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
myopic delimah sp?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:37:28 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1981 on: March 15, 2015, 11:51:10 PM »
Yesterday Andy, John, Francis and I attended the Annual  GG get-to-gather hosted by Keith and Heather Black!!!!!!!!

Today Francis and I noodled on the canopy some more we are getting closer and closer to the final solution!!  After He left I went back to the mid plate project--mostly done and offset punched the LS block so that the missing bell housing bolt can be drilled and tapped
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1982 on: March 19, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »
SD came by yesterday and dropped off my Eagle 6.460 HJ rods he ordered them for me from SDPC.

Talked to Francis last night and we have decided to build the canopy with no Mail Box and see what we can see.  If we have to make some changes we do not think we have lost any thing and would have to undo few if any mods.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:50:19 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1983 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:45 PM »
The ARP bolts up grade part # for early 6.0 truck blocks is # 2344313 heads 625 material

Mains  #2345608  8740 material

I am going with the up grade and not the 1/2 oversize because I was told to not torque the castings over 100#

Took the block to the machine shop to get it cleaned up, trued up, and squared up and align bored, and size bored..  Should have my Dry sump pan next week.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1984 on: March 24, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »
Finally did it broke down and ordered the jigs for the PISTON CROWN Oilers from Bo Laws Products   they make them for lots of engs  407-422-0394.

The jig # for LS motors is 400-050 

Their Crown Oilers different from the Factory squirters which only squirt one side of the wrist pin at BDC

BLP squirt the underside of the crown at TDC  across the bore away from the nozzle !!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:36:41 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1985 on: March 24, 2015, 11:38:49 PM »
PODUNK called this afternoon---the eagle has flown and has 2 new wheels   Ms. Liberty looks forward to the Landing in Phoenix with her new front shoes!!!!!!!!!

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1986 on: March 25, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »
Miss Liberty will be looking all fancy in those new shoes  :-)

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1987 on: March 25, 2015, 06:49:37 PM »
And we all know how girls just love shoes!!!!. Way to go Sparky. Use them well. :cheers:

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1988 on: March 25, 2015, 09:42:26 PM »
As long as they don't end up in the closet with rest of the shoes!  :-D :-D :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1989 on: March 26, 2015, 09:15:41 AM »
LOL  there are plenty of shoes in the closet!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1990 on: April 07, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »
More FORD PARTS:
 a new Driveshaft from a F 350 coupling or whatever these things are called

The old one for use with the Shorty PG/GV

The new for use with the Turbo 400/GV

Saved a little over 5" in length

will use my existing Yokes that have cap straps to hold them in will make it easier to switch back and forth between the BBC and the LS engines

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1991 on: April 09, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
Francis came up today an brought major progress

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1992 on: April 09, 2015, 06:42:55 PM »
Bill, your cockpit fairing is looking good!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #1993 on: April 09, 2015, 06:46:05 PM »
I agree! Looks bitchin' Sparky!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1994 on: April 09, 2015, 06:52:27 PM »
Sweet looking Sparky