Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097645 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1935 on: February 24, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
WOW MR. PODUNK SIR  them are some pretty shoes for me girl Ms Liberty,  I bet she is going to love them.

May I suggest that you at least bring your camera's date/time stamp up to speed or drop it off?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:17:04 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1936 on: February 25, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »

May I suggest that you at least bring your camera's date/time stamp up to speed or drop it off?

Podunk,

If you need to get an incorrect date off of a digital photo, I suggest GIMP photo editing freeware.
 :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #1937 on: February 25, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
Nice work Podunk! Love it! Can't wait too see the little lady with her new shoes in person!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #1938 on: February 25, 2015, 05:59:45 PM »
Sparky,
Great looking wheel and tires!!!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1939 on: February 25, 2015, 11:57:11 PM »
  :dhorse:  Those "Autos" mount up just fine on those "MCs"   :-D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:31:12 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1940 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »
Francis is coming up in the Morning should be here around 10:00 with more canopy work the camera will be at the ready!!!!!

Spud from FIE called about the old Vertex mag I scored off ebay---even though it was recently rebuild it is WEAK  only about 11 millli amps  with a couple of tweaks and one of his killer black coils  we can get it up to around 22-23  should be good for running blown gas/NA alky  maybe low boost E-85,  any way we should be able to conform to Classic Rules!!

Offline SPDRACR

« Reply #1941 on: February 27, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
Sparky, I most likely missed it but What car are You going to put Your "classic LS turbo" motor in?
I did not think that there was a classic Lakester class.
salt is OK, but the DIRT is where it's at!
Proud 2nd generation Roadster Racer
Muroc 2 club, El Mirage 2 club, Now Bonneville 2 club,       All in a Roadster

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1942 on: February 27, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
Don't know, what may come down the Pike---for now we are going to run it in Ms Liberty  and see if we are smart enough to run gas with a blow through  and see what develops.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1943 on: February 28, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
Hey Sparky, I have a blow through on my tank & I went at it knowing nothing & using logic. To avoid turning a good engine into a cutting torch I hooked up a 3" EGT & a boost gauge beside the tach & dialed it in that way. Correct jetting is a compromise between a fat bottom end & a lean top end. I built my own carb out of other peoples cast-off Holley parts, I am a dumpster diver after all. :roll: I can download my memory bank on this $hit if you want some help.
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1944 on: February 28, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »
sure  pm comming

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1945 on: February 28, 2015, 11:21:35 AM »
thanks  Sid 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:23:15 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1946 on: March 07, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »
For those who wish to run a magneto on an early small block Ford 221-260-289motor---

Spud at FIE  FuelInjectionEnt.com (1 541-990-2485) can supply them or adapt you mag to this early Ford dist housing.  This is the dist. drive that GM put on their frt adaptor of the LS motor.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:56:46 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1947 on: March 08, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »
Shop day  long over due---coming up  rear motor plates drilling sizing and fitting

I have been disposing of a giant cactus that committed suicide by consuming to much water after it started leaning several years ago---these things do not adapt to developed areas well there is too much run off.  Thank goodness there was a guy that has a small JD with a frt. loader that lives down the street and Marty has a dump trailer you can pull behind a pickup.  Three very nasty days of cutting the thing up with my small chain saw, 3 days , three trips, and $89.00 to the city dump for excessive tonnage  but we saved over $1500. for the Race Fun, fund.  We were quoted over $2000. to remove it.  Turns out the thing weighed almost 10,000 lbs---

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1948 on: March 08, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »
This is the lower trunk after drying out for a week when it first fell, the ribs were much smoother from having so much water.  When I first was moving it if you broke the skin juice would skirt, then ooze out

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1949 on: March 08, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »

We were quoted over $2000. to remove it.  Turns out the thing weighed almost 10,000 lbs---

Yeah it can be pretty eye opening on trees and the like.

Just before my dad died, a storm came through and damaged a 30 year old willow tree on the property on the channel.     The woodcutters sold the take downs for firewood so every thing was weighed before removal . . . . .

over 32,000 pounds

and they charged him $2,800.00, and that was in 1999 . . . .
 :cheers:
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein