Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097536 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1890 on: January 17, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »
Neil, I don't think so I think they are new---they do not have the Military type ends on them. they look identical except for size.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:27:36 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1891 on: January 22, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
If the WC port slow down keeps up much longer it will really help Mexico in their efforts to build a main port just south of AZ on the sea of Cortez.. the rail roads would love this---AZ would love this---

Why am I writing about a port slow down----Holley does not have one manifold in stock for LS 1 2 or 6 heads back ordered since before Christmas expect del 2-20----3-01 2015
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1892 on: January 23, 2015, 08:09:54 AM »
finished re-decking the trailer installed 2 more boards and closed the space between the boards no more dropped "stuff" and having to crawl under the trailer to retrieve.--

We will be loading the car Sunday for AL E's  car show Saturday at Cholla Cabinets on Deer Valley.  This will be miss Liberty's first appearance other than a lakebed.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1893 on: January 26, 2015, 12:17:52 AM »
Marty came by this afternoon and we loaded "miss LIBERTY" on the newly decked trailer

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1894 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:22 AM »
Marty came by this afternoon and we loaded "miss LIBERTY" on the newly decked trailer

Should we believe this without pictures  :-D :-D,

Sum

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #1895 on: January 26, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »
Holley does not have one manifold in stock for LS 1 2 or 6 heads back ordered since before Christmas expect del 2-20----3-01 2015

Sparky-

We have had success with the Edelbrock Vic Jr. for LS motors (currently running on an '01 LQ4 overbored .030"), but the Holley Hi-Ram
intakes are also a favorite among LSx folks... We run the EFI manifold with Holley fuel rails and Ford Racing SVT low-impedance injectors,
all of which are off-the-shelf, reasonably priced parts. 
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1896 on: January 26, 2015, 11:25:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I scored a wiring harness off C L today for a cable 5.3 with the correct red blue connectors  so now it time to pull one of these 4.8 puppies apart and find out what's inside.

I plan on starting with Holley conventional efi manifold and seeing where that leads us---we will be using some gen 3 5.7 used stuff to and a bored out truck block to get started.  truck manifolds ect ect.. 

This will not be an all out motor at all.

UPDATE:  right now it looks like a 4.8 with some kind of Camaro heads with stainless valves and bigger springs will most likely use the F body 3.9 bore a mechanical fuel pump and dry sump.  I think I have a set of 8.1 injectors that we will try to use for now.

will be looking into destroking the 4.8 crank to 3.17  should give me a 303 displacement
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:56:19 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1897 on: January 27, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
Sum, we have started spring cleaning ---found a camera last night---picts to follow!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1898 on: February 01, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
Well my first car show as a shower as opposed to a showee was quite interesting.  The comments and questions were a far afield as other on the list had indicated. Francis did not get to come up, he had Truck trouble if was very overcast and misted very lightly several times.  Saw a guy my age that had been by the house as a friend of Andy's friend Dick Pickett. This guy had built a Legends car, when I hear back from the Truck committee he says he would like to help build the truck.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1899 on: February 03, 2015, 01:19:00 AM »
Richard from WCCH returned my call from last week---he was rebuilding the heads of his CNC mills to tighten them up.

We discussed my 799 castings that should be coming his way soon . I am having him put his stage 2 package on them:

CNC both ports, dual springs that have 450 open, inconel exhaust valves, SS intakes slightly oversize on the valves.

This little puppy will be a fairly good mtr. that should be about what my 565 has NA. I am planning on running my AT 400 tranny which will help coming off the truck.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:20:28 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1900 on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:42 PM »
Podunk called today to let me know that Miss Liberty would be receiving a very nice Valentines present---boy oh boy will we be looking for Brown Santa!!!!!!!!!

Woody called today to let me know he wasn't coming to town next weekend---had thought that he might come out for a CFD presentation!!!!!!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1901 on: February 11, 2015, 01:06:41 AM »
Francis is coming up Thursday and we are going to work on canopy again!!

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #1902 on: February 11, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »
Sparky-
Are y'all going to create a standalone harness from your CL find? There's a lot of good (and bad) info
online about how to do the pin swaps, wire deletion, etc. but I've found that LS1tech.com has some
pretty solid instructions. We built a standalone initially, but there's no real way to make it "pretty"
without effectively replacing/shortening/hacking the existing harness. We ended up buying a really
nice harness from PSI Conversion that includes a fuse block and relays. Simple 3 wire hookup instead
of the rats nest we had before. Just my .02
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1903 on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
Francis has been busy:

1&2  show how he used a sheet of 20 gage and mold release agent to form the skin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:29:32 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1904 on: February 12, 2015, 06:27:03 PM »
3 on the car you can (barley)  LOL  " Barely"  LOL see the blue tape where the front of the canopy will be

4  this is the front plate that the canopy will seal against, it will have a similar plate inside the of the canopy shell to hold its shape.

5  This is the beginning of a pattern for a similar plate for the rear of the canopy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:20:55 PM by SPARKY »