Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097420 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1860 on: September 20, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »
 :-D

Finished my frame today  got the final measurements took my .062 4'X 6" damaged alum over to SW Fabrication where Marty works and got it sheared.. Andy and I installed the 72 pop rivets and walaha  we have tail feathers--- I have to drill 2 more holes and weld one more mounting bracket and we should be good to go.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:17:50 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1861 on: September 20, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »
Bill;

I'll see your 72 rivets and raise you 451...  :-D

Your car is looking good; going to be down here in Tucson any time soon?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1862 on: September 20, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »
lol   

I may be down there sometime helping Francis with the fiberglass!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1863 on: September 20, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
Sparky, I've still got those t-shirts for you.  The chances are very good that I won't be heading out to Bville again this year -- so I'll mail the shirts in a few days.  Sorry we didn't get together -- I wanted to see your car up close and personal.  Best wishes for some good runs and safe high speeds. :-D :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1864 on: September 20, 2014, 08:48:11 PM »
lol   

I may be down there sometime helping Francis with the fiberglass!!

If you are, come out for a beer or two.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1865 on: September 20, 2014, 11:03:41 PM »
Jon  that's fine

Neil---that sounds great we will try to put that together

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1866 on: September 20, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »
Andy and I ---Got the tail feathers DONE!!!!!!!!!

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #1867 on: September 21, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »

Sparky, not trying to be a smart ass but I will pay for you to go to ACE Hardware and get some letters and numbers for the lakester.  :-D Ms. Liberty at least deserves that.  :-D  :cheers:
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1868 on: September 21, 2014, 05:49:38 PM »
lol  and ruin my homebrew look   :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1869 on: September 23, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
I will be deciding soon to start on 2015 or try to run at El M

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1870 on: October 06, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
Decision has been made----on to 2015  Francis and I will be working on the canopy this winter and I will be working on a shade  for
 Ms Liberty's rear tires, axle fairings and the trailer.   We should stay busy and off the couch!!!!!!!!

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #1871 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
Then get in the shop!  And keep those pictures coming.  :cheers:
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #1872 on: October 06, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »
Coming right along Sparky.  :cheers: Here's to seeing the little lady in action next year!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1873 on: December 17, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
YES YES YES---I so look forward to Ms LIBERTY getting to run hard this year!!

I dropped of a used 4.8 LS at Ron's Fuel Injection in Tucson that I bought off Craig's List in Texas while there attending my oldest grand-daughter's wedding. 

They are going to use it to build their prototype mounting brackets for the LS series engines for their mechanical fuel pumps.  My car is set up for the fuel pump on the passenger side and the dry sump on the drivers side just opposite of most LS drives.  I hope to plump an LS for down the road this winter.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1874 on: December 17, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
The next time you're in Tucson, stop here for a visit, Bill.