Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097386 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1845 on: September 15, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »
Yes. Pictures please.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1846 on: September 15, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »
trying to learn resizing on camera  :cry:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1847 on: September 15, 2014, 07:16:49 PM »
ok

the cl of axle to cl of 1st vertical  41" 
the  panel is 18" high
the frt triangle is 30" x 18"= 270 sq. in
the panel between the two vertical mounts is 24.5 x 18"= 450 sq in
the weird after panel has 139 sq in
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:55:32 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1848 on: September 15, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »
trying again

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #1849 on: September 16, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
Looks Good, Sparky. Did you take any pics of your 7 point Belt/Harness setup? I`d be really interested to see what you did there. Looks like I may not be able to be at the Salt at the end of the month to see for myself...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1850 on: September 16, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
KiWi Paul it is a 9 point!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1851 on: September 16, 2014, 02:26:38 PM »
KiWi Paul it is a 9 point!

He is always a couple points ahead of the rest of us  :-D.  Hey what is that green stuff on there.  Did you find some square tubing that already had paint on it  :-o :evil: 8-).

Are you going to weld round tubing to the leading edge, trailing edge and top of the fin like I did...

... and then skin it....

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/Hooley%202013/13%20-%20construction%20menu.html

... like that.  If so take your time welding and you won't have to use a gallon of bondo like we did in our thrash,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1852 on: September 16, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »
Sum the leading edge will be but the rest will be  alum sheet popped   dirt dirt simple---the chord should be long enough to sort out the air some

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #1853 on: September 16, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
Sparky,
Just a thought on the leading edge for your tail fin. If you make the leading edge sharp the tail will work better as a vortex type wing. The old F102 and F106 were both delta wing planes and generated lift by generating large low pressure vortex(s) above the upper wing surface. These planes both had a pretty sharp leading edge which was important to generate a good strong vortex.

Just a thought.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #1855 on: September 17, 2014, 12:05:43 AM »
Sparky...I stand corrected. Still like to see how you put it together, though. Laydown Cars always worry me going through Inspection when we don`t have to do a Bailout. I really like to see how well various Harness types and Systems work. I`d like to learn and keep learning so I can at least spot something that may be a life threatening issue....I like most of you, and want to try to keep you as safe as I know how....

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1856 on: September 17, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
I hope I are included in the aforementioned "most of you". C'mon Paul. Make it to the new, improved Speedweek.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1857 on: September 17, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »
Kiwi Paul---sorry, I thought I could find them from earlier in my build but I haven't---I will keep looking  --

I will post you some new picts when I reinstall the belts

Bottom line:
the lap belts (1&2) come down  over the hip bones and the crotch straps (5&6) attach on the same bolts run under your buttocks and come up to the lap belt latch---I bought a rotator and will be replacing it with the conventional lever latch

INNER Shoulder belts (3&4)  on my car they attach to their own bar which is under the seat back and between the lower shoulder blades and waist line---these belts grip my torso between   3&4 --5&6

OUTER shoulder belts (8&9) these come off my shoulders at 90 degrees and mount to a bar that is barely below my shoulders---they pull my torso straight  to the seat back---it is now no longer possible to cheat the belts by rolling your shoulders

# 7 this belt attaches to the lap belt and is mounted in such a way that it is on the same plane as your shoulder belts and is adjusted so that when you tighten the shoulder belts it stops the lap belt from being moved from its proper place.

This is disjointed but the belt #s are in the sequence that they evolved

Hope this helps guys!!!!

CAUTION----MAKE SURE of your control & switch placements  9 points are different you are very locked down
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:49:46 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #1858 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
CAUTION----MAKE SURE of your control & switch placements  9 points are different you are very locked down

Actually, at that point you are one with the machine.  :-D

Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1859 on: September 17, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
Rex---thanks for the idea---you just changed my design---I can weld a small angle across my 3/4" square tubing and it leaves a small lip I can put a flat sheet behind---I remember reading about Deltas & vortices but CRS did not recall the
sharp edge part.