Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097218 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1815 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:06 AM »
.... and measured my wife's oven..

Call some of the local appliance stores about getting a stove that has been traded in for nothing. 

The hardware store here sells appliances and I got a stove/oven that they got in and were going to have to haul to the dump for nothing to use for powder coating.  I put a plug on it that works with my one long welding extension cord and take that out to the stove along the shop when it is needed.

There was nothing wrong with the stove other than if was old and they weren't going to try and sell it,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1816 on: July 28, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
http://youtu.be/d6aizD4Va3A

This is a link video from USFRA July T&T that has some picts and  video of Ms Liberty's Salt debut---I am the "look at the size of that guy they are stuffing into that car"
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1817 on: July 29, 2014, 02:04:40 AM »
GEEZE  how could we be working on so many things--- we just ran this thing 2 weeks ago
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:38:43 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1818 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:07 AM »
GEEZE  how could we be working on so many things--- we just ran this think 2 weeks ago

That is why you ran it....to see all of the things that needed to be worked on  :-D :-D, so the test-and-tune was a success for you and probably everyone else that ran  :-).

Thanks for helping out Shawn and taking the time to send the Trailblazer motor back with him for the lakester  :cheers:,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1819 on: August 02, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »
We have been working on a lot of niggling things--have changed a lot of small things, a new front window, tach. change out, reroute a bunch of wires, new stops for the swing up steering wheel, new chute pull, today will be working on a new camera mount and trailer vice, reinstalling the lap belts, installing the tow bar mounts, building mudflaps for the back of the Burb, ect, ect.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1820 on: August 03, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
Hi Sparky,
How did you do on yesterday's list?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1821 on: August 03, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »
pretty good  waiting on Marty to be able to finish the rear axle

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1822 on: August 04, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »
Lots of small things done waiting on axle (fingers crossed) hoping for tonight

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1823 on: August 05, 2014, 01:47:03 AM »
The axle will go back in tomorrow ---yeah   Andy and I massaged sheet metal tonight---things are coming along!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1824 on: August 07, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
Well we welcome the extra day---after hearing about the rain we --started putting in some more weight---we will buy the cooling water in Wendover Nv and so we put in 160 pounds in the car so we will trailer the same weight and we are putting in mounting brackets for 190# more that we can install if we need to.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1825 on: August 07, 2014, 11:22:07 PM »
Andy and I are PUMPED-- we will have breakfast at Whataburger and then start loading out for B'Ville in the AM --will be through SLC 1:00 PM Sat TO PICK Bill Jr. at tha Airport should be on the Salt late Sat afternoon.

Ms. Liberty is ready!!!!!!

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY LET'S GO RACIN' BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1826 on: August 09, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »
 :-o What oh what ---the last 36 hours  Thrashed and got the car and the trailer loaded and out the door at 4:30 PM---  pulled into the Motel 500 miles later in Cedar City at 2:30 in the AM

Woke up at 8:12 Am ---jumped in the shower and woke Andy at 8:30 AM---he did most of the driving last night--he is 19 years younger than me after all--- As we are going out to the Burb---got a call from Sum--they pulled the plug on the meet because they could NOT pull the drain plug on the flooded lake--- as we are pulling back on I-15 S he came off with the best line of the trip:

The next time we do an overnight road trip let's pack a little lighter! :cheers:

This is what makes those who are addicted to LSR so appreciate when we have limited success and cherish the friendships that are made and renewed when there are MEETS---we are promise nothing but an opportunity SOMETIMES!!

Thanks to the SCTA for all you do and to ALL of the volunteers !!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:15:02 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1827 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
We backed the trailer into the shop---unloaded the boxes into 2 areas  in one they are stacked and we should be able to leave unopened hoping that WF will "MAKE" the others we opened so we can get to grinders wrenches, drills, hand tools and such

We have some more minor refinements  to make to the trailer.  These refinements are weight and balance trying to get the trailer to ride better---pulls fine---it is just "surging".

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1828 on: August 11, 2014, 10:29:52 PM »
I got the wheels re-boxed for shipping to Podunk aka Mourer Machine Co for final fitment-- so that the wheels and tires will be happy with each other!---The only mistake made was by me acting on information supplied by others not by Mourer Machine---he almost begged me not to make them to my information-well I am out several hundred $$ in freight for not listening to him!!!  ----but I am willing to bet they will mount up when we do them the way he wanted to!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:03:05 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1829 on: August 12, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »
Will get these puppies shipped out today!!