Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097346 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1740 on: June 24, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »
I like making brackets. I like everything.  :-) Wayno

Yea, what would life be without brackets  :-),

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1741 on: June 24, 2014, 06:29:21 PM »
Well the brackets are made the TPS clears   :-) now to install the throttle cable, modify the back up springs  and start wiring and making some more brackets to hold the innovate stuff
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1742 on: June 24, 2014, 06:30:51 PM »
Who made your throttle cable, Bill?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1743 on: June 25, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »
Neil, I modified a boat cable that I salvaged.  Will be working on getting the Inovate data logging up and running---I am beginning to get really pumped---we will be on the salt in 2 weeks--

-My 1st date with Ms Liberty---I hope she is one fast lady---lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1744 on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:50 AM »
Thanks, Bill-- good idea.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1745 on: June 25, 2014, 09:10:41 AM »
Who made your throttle cable, Bill?

Neil,  I forgot,  imagine a guy my age doing that  :cry: 

I bought several mounting brackets and other hardware as well as special length fire cable from these guys

California Push-Pull Inc. 
push-pull.com    530-893-4060  they have lots of little trinkets that make things easier or better

sorry

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1746 on: June 25, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »
I'll check them out. I need a few of various lengths for fire bottle, chute release, and fuel shut- off.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1747 on: June 26, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
Neil, you might also check with Chuck's Speed Center here in Phoenix. At one time they made custom length cables and had ends and things. (602) 266-5101

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1748 on: June 26, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
Thanks, Frankie (?)- I'll have a look.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1749 on: June 28, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »
Spent the last 2 days off and on laying out the basic data logging stuff from Innovate ..

My pea brain has a hard time wrapping itself around this EE stuff!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1750 on: June 28, 2014, 02:45:31 PM »
Sum has been a great help with me getting my sr. brain around this data logging install --

-as with most automotive Electrical stuff it is usually the grounds that cause problems---this Innovate stuff is not internally grounded.. we are getting there though

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1751 on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »
"We are getting there though" 

Andy, John, and I  had a pretty good day in the shop ---Sum would have had a better day in his shop--- if I had not been on the phone to him asking about --wiring the aux battery -- so that it has an automatic battery cut off switch powered by  the car system  ie on bat disconnect kills both to comply with the rules!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:47:52 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1752 on: June 29, 2014, 10:56:31 PM »
Well are we moving toward the problems Mike has in S. A. ie power outages---we have had 2 days in a row--- here it could be

1.  Drug Cartels
2.  Domestic Terrorism ---not former Vets I may add
3.  Heat/AC  overload

do not laugh ---we have had all three in the last 6 weeks----at various places in AZ.  Here in Phoenix  I sure hope it is because of the electrical load---but only The Shadow knows for sure!!  :roll:

Special thanks to Sum for his coaching and to Wayneo--for his attitude adjustment inspiration about brackets!!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:15:15 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1753 on: June 30, 2014, 01:23:43 AM »
...Special thanks to Sum for his coaching and to Wayneo--for his attitude adjustment inspiration about brackets!!!

No problem, I think it is good though that you are working with 12 volts and not 120 or 240  :-D 8-) :evil:.

The relay is packed and will go out in the morning,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1754 on: July 01, 2014, 12:36:04 AM »
 :-D   :-o   :?  Well we made progress  I learned to day from Sum that Innovate has different types of signals---some go to the various boxes and some go through them  the wire different.

I bracket raced today---I built a battery mounting tray and mounted it under the front Fire bottle---8# 140" in front of the CG in front of the frt axle---so that will help spread the CG from the CP  we will be we should be ready to load the car Sunday afternoon for the test and tune---we hope to pull out of here the afternoon of the 9th

look forward to being on the salt.  I will order a egt probe tomorrow .
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:42:19 AM by SPARKY »