Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097319 times)

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1725 on: June 15, 2014, 02:13:07 AM »
... yesterday was Friday the 13th...
That could not have been his problem. As Pogo used to say in the comic strip- "When Friday the 13th falls on a Friday, all is well; but when Friday the 13th falls on a Tuesday... or a Saturday... or whatever- watch out!" :evil:
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1726 on: June 15, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »
LOL
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1727 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »
I got my brackets cut out and cleaned up---but I am going to wait until I have a second pair of hands and eyes to measure to make sure I have a better shot at alignment ---just as soon not have Ms Liberty not dog tracking down the track.  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1728 on: June 16, 2014, 01:27:10 AM »
Well I could not stand it I just kept going back, watched,, the race for a while  worked in shop,  watched the ball games for a while back to the shop---I think I am there,  decided to sleep on it then will hard tack in the am.. an get some more eyes.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1729 on: June 18, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »
Marty came by last night and welded the axle brackets to the new axel and the frame brackets so I now have a axle I can take in and out.  I am taking the time to reroute the brake lines to shield them from the turbos when we get there.  Once again  I am reminded why folks say that Special construction takes 3 to 4 times as long as door slammers.  Every thing is a long thinking process as well as having to "BRACKET RACE" your way through the whole process.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:03:33 PM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1731 on: June 18, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »
Marty came by last night and welded the axle brackets to the new axel and the frame brackets so I now have a axle I can take in and out.  I am taking the time to reroute the brake lines so shield them from the turbos when we get there.  Once again  I am reminded why folks say that Special construction takes 3 to 4 times as long as door slammers.  Every thing is a long thinking process as well as having to "BRACKET RACE" your way through the whole process.

100% Sparky. :cheers:

The stuff never stops and you have to be 10 steps ahead when doing anything.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1732 on: June 18, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
Amen to that, Sparky!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1733 on: June 18, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
Marty came by last night and welded the axle brackets to the new axel and the frame brackets so I now have a axle I can take in and out.  I am taking the time to reroute the brake lines to shield them from the turbos when we get there.  Once again  I am reminded why folks say that Special construction takes 3 to 4 times as long as door slammers.  Every thing is a long thinking process as well as having to "BRACKET RACE" your way through the whole process.

:? :? :?    :-D    :mrgreen:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1734 on: June 18, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
John came over for about 4 hours---we got STUFF done,, the oil pan is now all hooked back up and all the dry sump lines installed.
  the axle is bolted in and it aligns nicely
 the brake lines are in they are UGLY but you can't see the ugly and they are functional

I should be able to finish most of the axle  and start reinstalling the water tank  then on to the carb and tps stuff.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1735 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:00 AM »
Go Sparky :cheers:

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1736 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
Got one of the brakes done and found a defective wheel cyl--some more of that great chi-com stuff replacement parts for Ford 9"---will get it done today Andy and I will bleed the brakes tonight

-mostly I will work on getting the TPS installed inside my air intake scoop system.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1737 on: June 23, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »
Andy came over for an hour to night---we bled the brakes and adjusted the shoes---I finished the brakes the AM and worked on the fuel system and TPS off and on this afternoon.

Thanks Sum for all you have done toward this Data Logging stuff

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1738 on: June 24, 2014, 02:53:42 PM »
bracket racing---arghhhhh  :x  been "fitting" Sum's TPS switch on my car plate ---finally done--now have to make mounting bracket and a new return spring "stand" for the carb and get this part wired.

bracket--- smacket ---who likes making brackets

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1739 on: June 24, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »
I like making brackets. I like everything.  :-) Wayno