Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097409 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1710 on: June 03, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »
Will get back on it in the AM  will get it up on stands and drain the oil and fuel and work on the pan leak
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1711 on: June 04, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
dimensions

Sorry for the duplication  I thought I could get it posted open

the one below is the same thing
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:28:36 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1712 on: June 04, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »
dimensions

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1713 on: June 04, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »

I feel the Center of Pressure is close to where I show it above.  

Cut the car out of the picture, transferred it to cardboard, cut the cardboard out, then balanced the image (like a see-saw) and it balanced on that point.  Probably close.

Also since the car is flatter at the back than the front the point is probably even further back as the method I used doesn't take that into consideration.  It gave equal aero weight (not sure of the proper term) to the cars shape as viewed from the side.  A flat surface, as viewed from the side, would move the CP in that direction verses a rounded surface for the same surface area.

To work on that you could whittle out a small model to scale and put a pin through it vertically and move the pin to the point where the model didn't weather-vane around when you put air on it,

Sum
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:12:28 PM by Sumner »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1714 on: June 04, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
Thanks Summ for  posting the OPEN pdf  :lol:

John came over today and we dropped the pan and used three tubes of ULTRA Blue for a pan gasket   we loosely snugged it up at 3:00 and I will go back at
 9 PM and torque to specs!!  we should have the oil and vacuum leaks stopped!!  Blue pookey squeezed everywhere!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1715 on: June 08, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »
www.leadmineproducts.com     C-Clip eliminator axles

These guys are where I ordered my "builder axle" shafts from  they have 2 lengths of axles you can chose from  makes building a GM axle with 28 splines real easy---you just cut to length  I ordered two of the long ones and will have to cut about 1 1/8" off the short side ---very reasonable and easy to work with..

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1716 on: June 13, 2014, 12:25:02 AM »
Cut the old mounting brackets out and have the nearly completed wider stance 62" from flange to flange  as wide as I could make it.  had to modify the Camaro torque arm brackets to get it in with out cutting up my 4x4 tubes full of lead---if I have as good a shop day Fri. as I did this afternoon we may soon have a roller again  :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1717 on: June 14, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
did not have a good day in the shop yesterday---my mentally challenged self was in control ----could not get brackets to agree with what I think I need---woke up at 4 this morning grabbed the paper made some coffee---bam-- the brackets jumped to the surface of my muddled mind.  PAPER DOLL time---in my skivvies and flip flops head out to the shop 1.5 hours later I have patterns that I think will work and give me the clearance I will need later with the Turbos.  By then I was awake enough to have the sense not to try to cut them out-- time for breakfast.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:45:01 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1718 on: June 14, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »
Sparky, remember that yesterday was Friday the 13th.  I betcha that had something to do with your crappy day in the shop. :lol:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1719 on: June 14, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
Jon,  I attributed it to the solar flares, the full moon and the 13th   just a star crossed day but we did have a great b'day party at Organ Pizza in Mesa.

Offline joea

« Reply #1720 on: June 14, 2014, 12:19:20 PM »
.."Organ Pizza"...?....

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1721 on: June 14, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »
.."Organ Pizza"...?....
Yeah. You don't wanna see how they make sausage.  :roll:  :cheers: Wayno

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #1722 on: June 14, 2014, 01:53:52 PM »
Or donuts. :mrgreen:
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1723 on: June 14, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »
.."Organ Pizza"...?...

Organ Stop Pizza  :-o

Welcome to Organ Stop Pizza, home to The Mighty Wurlitzer. Organ Stop's Mighty Wurlitzer is one of the largest and finest theater organs in ... Mesa, AZ 85204    Picture of Mich. amber  $8.00

Offline joea

« Reply #1724 on: June 15, 2014, 12:27:42 AM »
Wurlitzers..and pictures of Mich Amber...must be awesome ambiance..?