Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097355 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1620 on: April 13, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »
Andy, John and I had a good day in the shop.  We reinstalled the rear axle with its new 2.73 gears  we will now be able to run El M with two shifts  our low FDR will go from 3.77 to  4.80  if we have a good track we should be able to pull away much better.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1621 on: April 13, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
 :cheers:

See you in May!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #1622 on: April 20, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
Hey Spark! Was great talking to you the other day except for the nasty Texas road noise! We'll talk more about shirt stuff and bomber art! See you in May! Brad

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1623 on: April 25, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »
Still in Texas---Picked up my B'Ville rear axle housing. It is made from a Camaro housing it will widen the track by 10". It has 2.14s and the Torsen carrier.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1624 on: April 27, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »
Andy and I bled the brakes and worked on a check list of to dos be fore El M.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1625 on: May 02, 2014, 09:08:18 PM »
Picked up my rebuilt alt.   and got the word today on the specs for our new frt wheels for "Miss Liberty"

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1626 on: May 08, 2014, 01:32:57 AM »
Lots of stuff going on---sent in my BNI membership ---and my B'ville entry---yesterday ---Andy and I have been working on the car 2-3 hours every evening and I have been on it off on on some each day!!

Made new "Dream Charts tonight  With 23, 24.5 and 26" tires

2.73 rear for El M    FDRs of 4.80 2.73 and 2.13
2.14 rear for B'Ville FDRs of  3.76 2.14 and 1.67

busy busy busy---lots going on  really getting pumped about getting to go for my first ride in Miss Liberty!!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1627 on: May 08, 2014, 02:01:48 AM »
Good to hear.
You're really pumped now. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1628 on: May 10, 2014, 12:18:52 AM »
3 hours
4 adjustments to the 9 point harness system
3 "blind" put your hand on it and call it out
4 Bailouts =  one tired whipped HAPPY puppy  :-D --the list just gets    shorter and shorter

We will try to load Wed or Thursday morning  I have  memorial service to attend Thursday afternoon  intend to pull out 5:00 AM Friday morning!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1629 on: May 11, 2014, 12:08:55 AM »
Andy, John and I got the trailer into position to load.  We are waiting on Marty to finish the batt. cut off switch ---he thought my solution was a little to Southern for him he was going to "prof." it.  I may try to fire the car Sun afternoon.  Made a HF run to get a new ATV winch for the trailer.  Will need to install it. 

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1630 on: May 11, 2014, 11:54:38 PM »
John and I got the car down off the jack stands and on race tires.  The
belts are now all adjusted and we will be cutting off a bunch of the tails off so we do not have to tape up so much excess.

With the 21s on the front and 23s on the back, and off the stands I just do not seem to be able to remember just how low Ms LIBERTY is. 
Andy and I installed the new winch tonight.
 Red Hat Roger is coming by about 10:00 am AM and we may go to lunch

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1631 on: May 11, 2014, 11:58:02 PM »
Sparky, go well and be safe. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1632 on: May 13, 2014, 12:11:06 AM »
Well today was my going to elementary school on Holley 4500s

When we fired yesterday we did not have a Happy motor!1

Roger and Tim of Red 636 Camaro fame and I started the spark, fuel and air count down on Miss Liberty---we did not get past the fuel---something was crazy wrong -- with the primaries ---Roger pulled the bowl off and every thing was covered with some kind of extremely fine powder that was the color of lead---none of us had seen anything like this before!!!

I made lot of phone calls---didn't get answers lots of places--- drained the fuel system poured it through coffee filters---no color--Roger took the carb cleaned it  up with new bowl gaskets and such----reinstalled brought every thing back up to snuff---had a bad transition---changed the primary jets to 92s---they were #96s
---a much happier eng.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1633 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:57 AM »
These projects can be so humbling. Obviously you  started with a tune up that you thought

was safe and in the ball park. It slapped you in the face. Old school determination brought

you back to a working solution.  Basics brought you back to reality.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

Satisfaction is so much closer now. You looked trouble in the eye and trouble blinked.

GREAT JOB  fellows.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1634 on: May 13, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »
Are you running gasoline or alcohol Sparky? If it's alcohol, did you leave fuel in the system more than a couple of days?

Pete