Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097506 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1590 on: December 26, 2013, 11:40:59 PM »
I'm getting a closed truck trailer to transport the liner when the time comes.
Got a truck owner who said he'd get us to the venue and back if we get a trailer.

I don't have anything strong enough to pull a trailer of the size needed and where does one store it when it's not being used.

When I started out in F2 I found a sponsor who built trailers. The guy outdid himself. He built a box called Columbia because it looked like the Space Shuttle.
It had space for two cars and about a hundred tires. The BMW I used to tow with was boiling after 15 miles.  :-D :-D :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1591 on: December 29, 2013, 10:59:27 PM »
Well got back in the shop today for a while---started taking out the fuel system between the pump and the carb---will have to reroute to get the room we need for the ecu/data logging box
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1592 on: January 03, 2014, 08:30:48 PM »
Brown Santa came by today and dropped of a new battery and alt. cut off switch today ---tomorrow I will mount it and measure the length for the cable that then will run to the back of the car to comply with the rules. Will pull out the solenoid that died at El M and get it warrantied ---.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1593 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:26 PM »
Got my 1/4" square pad out today and drew  to scale what my newly configured trailer will look like---moving the axles back one set of holes an started a materials list and started searching.  Will have most of the needed stuff, I will have to buy some heavy 3"x4"x 1/4' angle to extend the trailer frame 8'  and a some other smaller angle for the floor joist. The old boat trailer will save me a ton, for it has the 4" and 3" channel to build the new verticals between the upper rail and the frame.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1594 on: January 08, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »
Andy, and I had a great "BingeE" session last night working on the placement of the ECU, Battery cut off relocation and fuel lines.  We will have some MAJOR wire issolation/containment to deal with!! :-o

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1595 on: January 08, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »
Gee Sparky, you're a busy guy but it all sounds like cool stuff.

Enjoy it brother. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1596 on: January 13, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »
OPEN HOUSE  Monday afternoon 3-7:00 pm

Linda and I will be hosting an open house of sorts hosting Rob, Brandon, and crew of the Carbinite Streaamliner---car will be present---for an overnight stay on their way to LA Roadster show---come on come all just give me a heads up please so that I will know how much STUFF to get for beer and burgers.

Sparky
602-762-2211
sparky.2211@cox.net
3402 E Libby st.
Phoenix
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:56:00 AM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1597 on: January 13, 2014, 01:02:33 AM »
Good on you man.

I wish I was closer. :cheers:

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1598 on: January 13, 2014, 06:45:49 PM »
Darn I guess I shouldve checked in sooner, that wouldve been cool to see.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1599 on: January 13, 2014, 07:21:37 PM »
My BAD---the date is MONDAY Jan 20th---next Monday  3:00 to 7:00 pm food 4 to 7----as they are going to the LA roadster show they have to be there by Noon Wed.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1600 on: January 19, 2014, 11:33:16 PM »
Aero  Doug Robinson and Marty came down today to help clean up the shop and make it safe to walk around my shop and we shuffled  the cars and trailers in the back yard.. Rob can now get his trailer back theere.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #1601 on: January 20, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »
everybody should be having a good time about now.
wish I was there.

don't forget about the speed bumps on your way out.

Bf262
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1602 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
As I said on Buddy's spark plug thread -- wish we could have been there.  I hope you all had a fine time.  See you in Pomona. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1603 on: January 21, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
Sparky, do you have a sloppy joe/beer count for us?  :?

16° here and dropping!  :-( See all you all in Pomona!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1604 on: January 21, 2014, 11:03:19 AM »
The only thing we ran out of was time and Linda's Deviled Eggs..

Party broke up at 10:30  Rob and crew pulled out of her a little after 8:00 mst headed  for LA. Sorry that I didn't get to say hello to all be t meet several new folks.  Thanks to all who attended Linda and I sure enjoyed being host.