Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097426 times)

gkabbt

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1575 on: November 19, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
    Is it one of those cruises where you sail out and they tow you home? Just kidding.
   :evil: Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LOL! Not yet but we still have 5 days left!   :-D  :-D

Gregg

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1576 on: November 27, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »
We have taken the rear axle out. I will strip the Camaro axle for its trip to Texas to get its new Ford 9" outer bearing ends, new axles and find some more Ford Big drum brakes with thee 5x5 bolt pattern. this will give Ms Liberty a wider stance and a second rear axle.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1577 on: November 27, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »
"Wider stance". It didn't feel right going into turn one at Elmo? :-D
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1578 on: November 27, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »
Sum and Ruth dropped by for a few days and he helped me shuffle my "yard art".  John and Andy helped us with the car on Sunday afternoon.

Sum went home with a 7.5" Torsen to go with the 2.28 gear set he got from me 2 years ago.  He should have his tranny by the time he gets home
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1579 on: November 27, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
Sid I have been to that movie at El MO  do not want to do it again.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1580 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:49 PM »
Sparky , why drum brakes, I would prefer disks at El Mo. Drum brakes can fade pretty fast at speed and disk parts are easier to get. Just my thoughts. Have a Happy Thanskgiving and give your wife a hug for me. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1581 on: November 29, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
AERO

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1582 on: November 30, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
next step:  We will relocate the fuel pressure regulator an reroute the fuel lines so that we have room for the ECU mounting bracket, change the battery cut off, and mount the data logger in the bottom of the car between the eng and the tank bay.  When we get the NA eng where it will fire and run then we will pul it and start back with the turbo stuff.  Our plan is to get the turbo eng where it will fire and run ASAP so that we can .  We can idle the eng for 15-20 min with out getting above 200 F.  This will let us run all the pumps and such and data log.  we can get a leg up on all this stuff (hopefully  :-P )

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1583 on: December 20, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
Just got back from Tx.  lots to do-- picked up a goose neck trailer that had been hit in the sides- over all I have a hitch and 2 good axles --will  redesign and lengthen it an make a designated race car hauler/storage  out of it so that I can repossess  my shop floor space---lots to do in 2014.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1584 on: December 25, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
have spent several hours with the trailer---off and on with a tape measure---am starting to get an idea of what needs to be done the frame has been bent  the rear is off by about a foot. Looks like the best way to fix this thing is cut all the cross pieces out and get the main rails straight and to the length that I want then start back with the upper rails and the floor joists. Will also most likely relocate the dolly jack so the winch line can pull straight down the center of the trailer floor.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1585 on: December 25, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »
Recycling a trailer, that's what us poor racer's do! :cheers:
My trailer was a 32ft long tag for hauling well casings.
  Sid.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1586 on: December 25, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
As if he isn't busy enough, Treit is outfitting a new support trailer.

Korey stripped out the old one and now they are building a new bigger one.

Trailers........Ya. Another axle and that means more tires.

They are considering microphones to listen for blowouts.

The electronic age is replacing rear view mirrors.

Maybe I didn't get that exractrilly rite.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1587 on: December 25, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »
I wish  :-D.
Never owned a trailer.

I borrowed a bunch though.

You can always judge a racer's budget on what trailer he has.
NASCAR comes to mind. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1588 on: December 26, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »
NASCAR will not come to mind when you see mine  :cry: lol

Offline Podunk

« Reply #1589 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »
 :cheers: