Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097387 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1560 on: November 13, 2013, 01:26:32 AM »
Yeah, that's usually pretty handy.
You planning on hanging the "hair dryer" back on there?
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1561 on: November 13, 2013, 08:26:47 AM »
Sid,  I have some, what I hope to be minor helmet venting issues, to solve.  I then plan to change the axle & gearing for to more suitable for El M, install the intercooler, and turbos for more rear end weight but run NA at El M until we get the car sorted out then-- go play with the turbos at B'Ville.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1562 on: November 13, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
I have a new helmet blower sitting on the shelf that I'm not using. I would gladly donate it to your cause if you can use it.
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1563 on: November 13, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »
Thanks Sid for your offer-- Andy has one also  let us see if we can use his system and his helmet  we may be calling
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1564 on: November 13, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »
.... I do not know what the SCTA/Goodyear speed limit is on the new "Top Fuel" tire, 4 x 17 Goodyear part number  808-130-089 which is about an inch wider but still is made to fit a 17 x 2.5 wheel.... Rex

I can't find that tire by that part number using Google.  If you go to the Goodyear site here....

http://www.racegoodyear.com/tires/pdf/Drag_010313.pdf

....is it the 2904 on page 3 of that document?

Thanks,

Sum
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:16:31 PM by Sumner »

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #1565 on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
um,
Yes it is the 2904 which is the front tire that Top Fuel has been running for the last 2-3 years. As I said I am not sure what the speed rating is, I do know that the older tire had a life of about 4-6 seconds on the rim at 275 mph.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1566 on: November 14, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
um,
Yes it is the 2904 which is the front tire that Top Fuel has been running for the last 2-3 years. As I said I am not sure what the speed rating is, I do know that the older tire had a life of about 4-6 seconds on the rim at 275 mph.

Rex
That might not be long enough for Sparky! :roll:
  Sid.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1567 on: November 14, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
Sum, yes the 2904 is the 17 x 4 inch Frontrunner the TF cars are using. Back in about '06 they were finding with the narrower 3 inch Frontrunner at 310+ the tires were starting to blister and chunk rubber. Since moving to the 4 inch tire and creating a larger contact patch they have resolved the problem

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1568 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Sum, yes the 2904 is the 17 x 4 inch Frontrunner the TF cars are using. Back in about '06 they were finding with the narrower 3 inch Frontrunner at 310+ the tires were starting to blister and chunk rubber. Since moving to the 4 inch tire and creating a larger contact patch they have resolved the problem

Thanks,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1569 on: November 16, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
Well we are on to plan "B"  the vent system on Andy's helmet will not clear our "shoulder pads" but his G force helmet works much better with its "visor opening" on to working on using it.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1570 on: November 17, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Henderson North Carolina  ---does anyone live near there?

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1571 on: November 18, 2013, 06:19:59 PM »
There are some ECTA guys that are fairly close. I'm about 3.5hrs one way.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1572 on: November 18, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
Thanks Cap'n T  going another way thanks

gkabbt

« Reply #1573 on: November 19, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »
Henderson North Carolina  ---does anyone live near there?

Sparky, If you decide on the Henderson, NC thing let me know as I'm only about 1 hour away.
Can't help you this week as my wife and I are on a Caribbean cruise. We get back home next Monday afternoon and will be available then.

Gregg

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #1574 on: November 19, 2013, 10:54:46 AM »
    Is it one of those cruises where you sail out and they tow you home? Just kidding.
   :evil: Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:17:23 AM by SPARKY »
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]