Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097558 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1530 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
They got the leg restraint issue taken care of and moved the main elect. shutoff to the extreme rear of the car and were signed off to run up to 150 and are also suppose to deploy both chutes.  They hope to get in at least one run on Sunday.  They say the weather has been great there,

Sum

Is Sparky a rookie at El Mirage? Sounds like a typical rookie 1st pass. I think they have a rookie line where they don't have to start from end of line because of lack of points.

Go SPARKY... but be ready for the marbles :-D

JL222

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1531 on: November 10, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »
Sparky is not new mto the lakes, has been over 200 mph. Sold that car and built the new one,, new car check out and driver to learn the car as well. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1532 on: November 10, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »
Sparky is not new mto the lakes, has been over 200 mph. Sold that car and built the new one,, new car check out and driver to learn the car as well. :cheers:

Yep he is in EM 200 mph club.  Also Andy, his next door neighbor and co-car builder, is going to probably be the driver.  I think Andy has at least his A license at B'ville and maybe his AA driving the old car there.  I haven't heard from him today but John you are right about the other line and he said they would try and get out there this morning and try and get in that line and might be able to run from that line and later from the regular line.  

From what he said they were part way through the second round yesterday but didn't finish it before the meet was shut down.  Hopefully they will finish that this morning and if there is enough time drivers if they want might be able to go a third round.  Since the car is new and has no points he is at the back of the line.

I need to go, but maybe someone can take time to explain the differences in how you run on points at EM vs. just getting in line at b'ville for those that don't know,

Sum

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1533 on: November 10, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
I talked to Sparky earlier in the evening.  They have a couple things that need addressed on the car but believe they can handle them and still get a chance to run the car.  He sounded real good about it  and I'm sure he is excited.  I am and would be,

Sum

Sum,

Here is the crew hard at work fixing what needed to be addressed.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1534 on: November 10, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
Looks like fun, wish I was there

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1535 on: November 11, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
Tom, Stan B and all who dropped by---thanks I hope my hospitality manners were not to frayed.

Tom thanks for posting--you took the pict. that captures the two MAJOR things that we missed.

1.  I am  on the ground working on getting the leg restraint installed:  I marked it a 1 1/2 years ago and never drilled the holes---  thanks to O'Rileys $15.95 lap belt kit and borrowing a step drill from Bill Ward's team we got that handled.
2.  Andy and Marty  worked on the battery disconnect (hat is John looking over Andy's shoulder
-- I had completely missed the rule change about the cut offs needing to be at the ends of the cars. 

All in all a good first "date" for Ms Liberty.  She and I  have some visibility issues starting with major fogging inside of Andy helmet visor. The next race possible is May of 14 at EL M.

We won a BLM season pass to El Mirage at the El M 200 Banquet Sat. Night---so I guess we will have to go back. :-D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:51:10 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1536 on: November 11, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
"We won a BLM season pass to El Mirage at the El M 200 Banquet Sat. Night---so I guess we will have to go back."

Of course you'd never have even thought of returning to EM if it weren't for that free pass, would you?  Corngratulations on getting the car to the dirt and inspection, Sparky. :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1537 on: November 11, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
lol  busted  :-D

thanks John  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1538 on: November 11, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »
Tom, Stan B and all who dropped by---thanks I hope my hospitality manners we not to frayed.

Tom thanks for posting--you took the pict. that captures the two MAJOR things that we missed.

1.  I am  on the ground working on getting the leg restraint installed:  I marked it a 1 1/2 years ago and never drilled the holes  thanks to O'Rileys $15.95 lap belt kit and borrowing a step drill from Bill Ward's team we got that handled.
2.  Andy and Marty are working on the battery disconnect -- I had completely missed the rule change about the cut offs needing to be at the ends of the cars. 

All in all a good first "date" for Ms Liberty.  She and I  have some visibility issues starting with major fogging inside of Andy helmet visor. The next race possible is May of 14 at EL M.

We won a BLM season pass to El Mirage at the El M 200 Banquet Sat. Night---so I guess we will have to go back. :-D

Hi Sparky,

Your Welcome. It was nice to finally meet you. Your manners were excellent even though you were quite busy when I came by, and that is why I did not say much, as you had a racecar to attend to, which IMO is the priority. I hope I did not get in the way. I have some other pictures of Miss Liberty but don't have time to post them now, so I will later today.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1539 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
Tom---I am starting to see why so may people tell me to take a designated camera person one does get very busy looking after a race car---I think I took one or two---I am sere looking  forward to seeing your post Tom.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1540 on: November 11, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
Sparky, without pix you are just another urban LSR legend!  :-D :-D
Wish I coulda been there! But then I wouldn't have taken any pictures either!
Woody
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1541 on: November 11, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
Well sir you may be a prophet- :-o -- from where we could see in the push truck the car seem to gain a rooster tail as it picked up speed.  We will be building a rounded detachable under tail to replace the present flat one. One pass observations do not make fact  :roll:  with out VIDEO comparisons of others   :-P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:52:17 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1542 on: November 11, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
Here ya go Woody....

you too Sparky. Good to see you and chat a bit.

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #1543 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:42 PM »
6 months for that ever growing to do list.

looks really nice.

Bf
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1544 on: November 11, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »
BF
working on that already--Andy and I had a great debrief this afternoon

1. Helmet ventilation
2. A push pull electrical cut off
3. Rear axle modifications 2.73 gears for El Mo
4. change the frt axle combo to take the camber out of the frt     
    tires--bow legged looking tires bother me for some reason