Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097422 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1485 on: November 02, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »
I had a good day  John came over for 3 hours and we got  the drive line fluids verified and ready to go.  I wired gauges and stuff of and on most of the day---guys I will post picts when I have something worth posting  Miss Liberty may soon start working on her tan  Maybe Sunday--if all goes well we can fire her :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1486 on: November 02, 2013, 07:10:49 AM »
Woohoo!
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1487 on: November 02, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »
Yes, yes, yes. Go Sparky. I can't wait to see it!. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1488 on: November 03, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »
High Noon    11-03-2013
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #1489 on: November 03, 2013, 01:17:12 AM »
Video or it never happened!   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1490 on: November 03, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »
VIDEO  :-o We will try  :-P

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1491 on: November 03, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
Well we lost at least 2.5 hours today trying to find a 2 5/16 electrical water guage  but at high Noon we stopped a got going on trying to fire up Ms Liberty.. about 1:15 Az time e put fuel in and ran our batt almost down before I figured out that I turned on the Master but not the Ign.---lol  chared up the battery and opened my can of ERC fuel and but in 5 gallons for a total of 8 to get it over the mech. fuel pump. Almost ran the batt.  down again before we checked to see if-- I had made the rookie mistake of----You guess it---180 out!!!!!!  took the carb plate off to get to the dist. got a squirt bottle for fuel and  WHAM BAM Thank YOU Ms Liberty she fired and after about 6 seconds I checked the fuel pressure  12 PSI ---T- handle and a small  twisted her back to 7.5 and she settled down--- all the checking and rechecking of the lines and hoses paid off two small leaks one on the rear carb. feed and the other on a return water line!!!!!!

Many thanks to Andy & John for a great day and to my neighbor RIP, his brother Jim, and James to helping clear my back yard so that I can get Miss Liberty LOADED on Wed.

We have video--- if I can figure our how to post on You tube!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:20:32 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Podunk

« Reply #1492 on: November 03, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
Congrats Sparky!!!!! I can almost hear it from here. Can't wait 'till August. :cheers:

Terry

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1493 on: November 03, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
Sparky, good job. Make a easy check out pass on the dry lake, I am off to SEMA tomorrow with the Turbinator II. Sure looks like a great show.

Glen   :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1494 on: November 03, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
ALL RIGHT!!! Way to go!
Can't wait to see the video!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #1495 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:11 AM »
Sparky,

congrats...you be in the 100 Pages Club :cheers:

Have a great one at Elmo
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1496 on: November 04, 2013, 06:23:57 AM »
&$&%#&$+&#%#+@?+#?+ YEAH!!!!!!*!!!!!
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1497 on: November 04, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »
Sparkeeeeey! Nice one. Congrats. Great stuff. :cheers:

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1498 on: November 04, 2013, 07:24:38 AM »
Great job Sparky, wish I couldve been there to see it. Good luck at EM this weekend, be safe.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1499 on: November 04, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »
Thanks Guys,  We have to finish the right side lower panel and the one like it on the other side.  Lots of small things will try to load the car Wed afternoon or Th  then  a set of hand tools and  more.  It has never had all the panels on at once on the ground on its wheels.  I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

Sumner will be through town on the 24th and will help me determine the future body work.