Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097636 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1395 on: October 02, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
Well my design and placement of "stuff" is no better than some car designers.  Yesterday I was having to remove some fuel lines to get to the clamp that holds down the shut off valve bracket.  I am willing to pay this price because, I now can build a "tray" this winter to hold the ECU on top of the radiator in a box and I have left enough room for the Data Logger in the bottom of the car where Edlebrock suggested installing it---that was planning on my part on the ECU  luck when the return pump didn't fit in the bottom.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1396 on: October 03, 2013, 12:57:34 AM »
Well Andy and I spent the evening going over all the systems up front--- getting ready to reinstall the front nose
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Jon

« Reply #1397 on: October 03, 2013, 01:20:01 AM »
Sounds like its all coming together Sparky.
What was the logic for putting the logger down the bottom?, heat?

Thanks
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1398 on: October 03, 2013, 01:34:15 AM »
Jon the QuickData (mine is the advanced drag package) asks that it be installed in the bottom of the car on the center line for it has two G-meters that record linear and lateral Gs.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:25:45 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Jon

« Reply #1399 on: October 03, 2013, 03:15:59 AM »
Thanks Sparky, makes sense now.
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1400 on: October 03, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
..it has two G-meters that record linear and lateral Gs.

Hope you record a lot of the former and none of the latter  :-),

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1401 on: October 03, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »
LOL   I will settle for .25-.30 linear and hope for 0-.1 on the lateral for some reason just dancing around registers about .1 g

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1402 on: October 03, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »
Bill;

After getting somewhat lost in Hawaii, Joline and I just joined the tech revolution by trading in our old cellphones for Motorola Droid Maxx smart phones. I had not realized when we bought them just how versatile they are.

For example, a Droid Maxx has a built-in 3-axis accelerometer, a 3-axis gyroscope, a barometric sensor, a magnetometer, a light sensor, and a good GPS. It even has a cell phone in there somewhere  :-D

There are a few apps available that allow the phone to log the data and export it to a spreadsheet. As an experiment, I put the phone on the center console of my truck and recorded the x,y,z accelerometer data while I drove into town; it plotted a nice graph of the drive data. At the same time I had it record GPS data showing the track superimposed on a map, max & min speed, distance travelled, and also plotted the speed & altitude vs time.

There is also an app that provides a nice big digital GPS speedometer readout. If you desire, it turns the display upside down so you can place it on your dash-- the display reflects off the windshield as a head-up display.

I think this is not a substitute for a full-fledged data acq system but what it does, it does very well!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1403 on: October 03, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »
Neil,  As I understand it a lot of the "Tuner" crowd can program their ecu from their cell phones---most likely to get around the states that have real tuff  performance enhancement laws

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1404 on: October 03, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
just a nice strange day---in the shop by myself---got the throttle cable Nailed Down with a funky little block clamp  started putting ends on tach wires, water temps=---ect ect --- ground wires from the MSD to each head---re roouted the brake line so that I do not have to break the system if I need to pull the frt axle. getting the steering shaft absolute ---before I weld it up.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1405 on: October 03, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »
Sounds like some serious progress being made over there. Good to hear.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1406 on: October 03, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »
Frankie  I don't know how you could call the minor stuff I did all day long as serious---but it has to happen---lol

Well Tonight I thjink there may be hope for the MALE human  after all---what do we share in common with Lions---well we are the hunter-- killers of our spicies!!!!!!!! :-D

Tonight the Alpha Female of our pride contacted me about killing the Alpha cockroach that was intruding into her shower space---so one of the ever so few opportunities for me to "PROVE my WORTH" as the house husband.   I grabbed today's paper out of the recycle basket --rolled it up into a modern version of a club---and in best caveman tradition attacked---was successful   8-)  I proved my worth as defender of the realm --- therefore earned a signature on the next parts check---thank you Miss Linda---we males have so few occasions to demonstrate our being needed----lol
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:23:42 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1407 on: October 04, 2013, 09:54:40 AM »
Today's objective: finish the steering and start back on with the nose piece---I am ready for this car to be RUNABLE

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1408 on: October 04, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
Good one Sparky. Here in Africa we have Cockroaches that hunt Lions!. :-D

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1409 on: October 04, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »
I meant in the last few days not just yesterday  :-)