Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097177 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1380 on: September 29, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »
Thank you Sir Jim --- will have one before the day is over  :-)
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1381 on: September 30, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »
Well I did not get over to the Devils Workshop better known as "Harbor Freight" but I didn't sleep at the Holiday Inn either!!!!!!!!!!

But I did have an on again off again day in the shop getting a lot of small things DONE!!!!!! 

I should be able to put water in the eng. systems tomorrow-- and maybe the oil system also---Marty came by tonight and we worked on "nailing down" the shifter system to getting the slack out of it, so that you can get it in the right gear with out thinking about it!!  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1382 on: September 30, 2013, 02:00:12 AM »
Maybe Tuesday we can put some fire in the pipes

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1383 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »
Youse guys are starting to scare us!  :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1384 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »
Woke up---couldn't get back to sleep  went to the shop---started pouring water---lose fitting here lose fitting there got it down to one cold weeper---I tapped a hose barb connection to deep and I am going to have to drain a pull it out and use pipe thread sealant instead of  tape.  Also poured in two gallons of oil will have to go get the angle drive to prime the eng. oiling system.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1385 on: September 30, 2013, 09:10:15 AM »
Bill, think about getting an angle drill instead of an angle drive adapter.  It will be a lot handier in the long run. 

Keep up the good work.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1386 on: September 30, 2013, 10:21:41 AM »
Sparky,, Stainless is  right on the angle drill, Home Depot or Lowes have them and you would be supprised how often you will us it. I have one Roybe and two air 90 deg. drills. I have two 90 deg. adapters as well and a pain to use in most cases. Keep up on the build and keep us posted. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1387 on: September 30, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »
Sparky,, Stainless is  right on the angle drill, Home Depot or Lowes have them and you would be supprised how often you will us it. I have one Roybe and two air 90 deg. drills. I have two 90 deg. adapters as well and a pain to use in most cases. Keep up on the build and keep us posted. :cheers:

I'll second or third that also.  I've only primed small blocks with the distributor out and it takes a lot of power from a good higher power drill as you know.  I wonder if that HF adapter is up to it?

Congrats on all you guys are getting done,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1388 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
Thanks for the input guys---I will go to HD and check out their Rigid and down to "ole 5 time"  (MR 6 TIME  want-a-be)  place and check out his KOBALTs.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1389 on: September 30, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »

Here Bill, found yer angle drilll........

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1390 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »
LOL

checked out the battery powered angle drills at HD & Lowes--- all these guys had was 3/8" chuck--- I thought them too wimpy---I ended up buying a DeWalt 90 deg adapter.   After all and  made a VERY  ROOKIE mistake --   :-o   of not rechecking ALL fittings again----resulted in about a quart and a 1/2 on the floor from 3 not tight enough and 1 vent plug--- I left completely off in my excitement to see how it works.  My 18V Rigid works fine but a battery does not last very long under constant load.  :-)

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
My rigid don't last long any more either. :roll:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline joea

« Reply #1392 on: October 01, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »
'''My... Rigid works fine but ...does not last very long under constant load..."...

"My rigid don't last long any more either"....

Goggles bent drill pic.....

geeze guys....may need a new sponsor..pill or something...

whatever..."keep it up" we want to see you get the job done...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1393 on: October 02, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »
Toward the end that you guys are trying to take this:
The name of this entry will be FPD  Racing
 female pleasure device   We are going to contact all of the battery manuf. about sponsship---with first right of refusal going to the "Enegerizer Bunny"

EverReady second, and Duracell last choice  there will be two batteries in the paint scheme.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1394 on: October 02, 2013, 02:43:34 AM »
Got lots done today!  I finished the fuel shut off system & several other small little things.  We are getting closer and closer to the real deal.  Need to   put brake fluid and bleed the system.  Will go through the fuel system and cut the final bolts to hold down the air scoop.