Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097226 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1365 on: September 24, 2013, 01:50:43 AM »
I rotated the chute shot.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1366 on: September 24, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
Thanks ---one sure had trouble telling what it was otherwise  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #1367 on: September 24, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »
Looking good Sparky :cheers:

Offline joea

« Reply #1368 on: September 24, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
take a breather...I for one am glad you have more time now....!!!....hate to see you rush to get your
goals...they are lofty.....now you can refine and infinitely check and recheck...etc...everything to the nth degree...

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1369 on: September 24, 2013, 04:18:47 PM »
No rest for the weary lol Hopefully Sparky will say lets go to El Mirage on the 20th

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #1370 on: September 24, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »
If you think the engine compartment is crowded now, wait until the turbo's get installed.  :-o  :-D
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1371 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »
no surely you jest---lol actually we are going to great length to build where we do not have may changes when we go turbos---NEARLY all of that is in the trans bay   :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1372 on: September 25, 2013, 01:15:49 AM »
Things are looking great at the Sparky Garage!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1373 on: September 25, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »
not great but better

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1374 on: September 27, 2013, 01:11:27 AM »
Plumbing and wiring sure beats sheetmetal :-D :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1375 on: September 29, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »
A mile stone of small sort  yesterday--- finally understood where the transfer pump wanted to be mounted, right side just below the fuel cell and in front of the mech. fuel pump---third attempt. This is the pump that moves the water from the radiator in a box back to the coolant storage tank.  We do this wen we warm up the eng so that we do not heat the cooling water.

The right side of the car is getting filled up because I am trying to leave   the area in front of the dry sump pump open so that I can get a battery impact wrench in there to be able to spin it to prime the oiling system.  I still need to put hose clamps on a lot of this stuff.  Lots of hoses.  Then on to the oiling system---will need to make up a new intake hose for the dry sum pump---the Barnes is at the back of the pump the Moroso was close to the frt.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:21:46 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1376 on: September 29, 2013, 08:34:47 AM »
more Cheetos  :-D

and the eng compartment from the left side looking forward

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1377 on: September 29, 2013, 08:37:57 AM »
right side:
 upper metal hose fuel from pump to pressure regulator,
 ribbed hose is the coolant water from back of car to the radiator in a box,
upper blue hose, eng water from under the heater connection under the thermostat housing to the heat exchanger mounted in the dry sump tank, and the lower blue is the return going back to the heater return fitting on the water pump inlet
the rh black hose is from a bottom fitting on the radiator in a box to the inlet side of the transfer pump and then returns to the coolant tank at the rear of the car via a 3/4 inch hose.

the small stainless steel line is a fire nozzle supply line.

right side but lower shot angle

left side looking at the same stuff
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:29:27 AM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1378 on: September 29, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
The proverbial bag of snakes. :-D It looks good and if you're doing plumbing you must be close now. Great pics. Thanks Sparky.

Offline jdincau

« Reply #1379 on: September 29, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »
I am trying to leave   the area in front of the dry sump pump open so that I can get a battery impact wrench in there to be able to spin it to prime the oiling system.
Sparky,
     Get an angle drive for the drill motor, less space in front needed.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eighth-inch-angle-drill-attachment-with-keyless-chuck-92188.html
Jim
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:00:32 PM by jdincau »
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!