Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097354 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1320 on: September 13, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »
Youll have help this evening. This week has just been the suck for me.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1321 on: September 15, 2013, 03:00:29 PM »
Andy and I had a great morning in working on the SHEETMETAL  we are getting close to having this stuff mounted.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1322 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
While Andy went to his company picnic this afternoon I worked on the nose piece inspection panel.  when Andy came back this evening he had a idea on how to close it.  Picts Monday!  Tonight we worked some more on the sheet metal on the tranny bay and behind the rear axle.  I have 3 more Dzus  to dimple, wire and finish and we are done except canopy and eng bay around the headers... ohhhh so close!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1323 on: September 16, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »
More pics! More pics!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1324 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:32 AM »
More pics! More pics!

Sparky, see how quickly they turn on you when they are "done"!  :-o :-D :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1325 on: September 16, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »
LOL   :cheers:

What I feel like that has turned on me, is my body---this getting up and down off the floor wrestling with this sheet metal underneath the car---almost has my body in full strike "lockout" mode-- :-(

This thing is getting closer also---we have had to take more and more things off or out so we can evaluate or weld the tabs.  the eng bay  is all we like will have to order more Dzus and springs & 4 long tabs today from S&S Eng. to finish.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:30:20 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1326 on: September 16, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
These are the two remaining exterior body parts, One is just 6 holes and dimples 3 spring installs---yeah

Canopy  must come off cut new "glass" and final assembly reinstall after
Cano front nose piece is back on.

Then take completely apart, check over the eng and instal the dist;  check all welds, seal the bulk head an start final assembly, wiring and plumping  we may just make WF if we have a good fortune and a track.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1327 on: September 16, 2013, 09:18:45 AM »
This is the inspection cover that I made while Andy was at his co picnic.  It was Andy's idea to have the 5th to be able to use the wire to pull the cover into place. This is necessary so that the sub, supporting plate can be lock in place,  also fills the "depression". This is necessary so that we can bolt the nose on the front of the tank, in front of the frt. axle.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:20:20 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1328 on: September 16, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
....l we like will have to order more Dzus and springs & 4 long tabs today from S&S Eng. to finish...

Congrats you are getting there!!!

If it is quicker I could send you some Dzus fasteners, springs and plates today.  You would probably get them Wed..  You could weld normal tabs to strap to make them longer.  They are the allen head ones and Hooley knows a new place you can order those from also.  So much easier to work with on the car vs. the slotted ones.

Call me if you want them.  I go to SLC to doc tomorrow and will be back Wed. I think but could send them today,

Sum

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1329 on: September 16, 2013, 12:42:14 PM »
Pretty smart fella that Mr Helmandollar is  :cheers:

Offline Jon

« Reply #1330 on: September 16, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
Must be good to be finishing sheitmetal Sparky.
You made most of the major hoses on the way didnt you?

I think Goggles has a bit of yellow wire left over if you need some.

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1331 on: September 16, 2013, 01:07:57 PM »
LOL aahh the color coded wire!!!!!!!!!1 :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1332 on: September 16, 2013, 11:44:35 PM »
Marty came by tonight and finished welding the canopy with the spool gun---he wanted to try it---it is just different---it can fill gaps much easier than tig and it localizes the heat much better than tig---he did both on finishing the canopy welding.  I have a lot of fitment grinding to do an install the new "glass" then.

Yippe kia yeah!!!!!  we are on to stripping every thing out----plumbing, wiring, and all of the fitting necessary for final assy.  Hopefully we can fire this PUPPY"S lump  in a week to 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Skip Pipes

• I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
« Reply #1333 on: September 17, 2013, 02:00:25 AM »
Looking good my friend. Shame I don't live closer, I'd give you a hand on the body.
Good luck at WF.

Skip
Skip's Garage
Builder of the SUNBEAM ALPINE Police Interceptor

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1334 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
Thanks Skip  I look forward to your roadster on the DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!