Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097668 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1275 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:47 PM »
:-D  hate to disappoint you guys---but by throwing my left leg over the side and sticking my right knee is the lower left side of the canopy I can now get out -....
...an here I thought I'd get a call in the morning from Linda asking if I knew where you took off to  :-)

ECU
ECU data logging start
Quick data
Quick data logging start 

Can you put the ECU and the Quick data on/off on the same switch and also do the same with 'start logging' functions for both.  That would be 2 less switches to find room for.

How about the fuel?  Is it mechanical pump with a fuel shut-off or electric with a switch and auto roll-over switch which I don't want you to ever try using on the course?

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1276 on: August 31, 2013, 12:32:39 AM »
mechanical pump, mechanical shut off

Sum all of the data logging that I have  require a secondary "signal" to start logging either time, throttle position, rpm or a separate  switch
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1277 on: August 31, 2013, 01:10:35 AM »
WayneO  :-o WF---it is breaking my heart to not see the the first runs on the salt of Rob's and Marlo's new 'Liners  but I want to run my  car worse----I have decided to stay home and work on my car---there is still a TON that needs to be done--but slowly  the loose ends are getting tied down---the binge-engineering is almost all done!!!!!!!!!!!

"The fallacy lies in the execution" Vince Lombardi---GB Packers  1964

PS  Wow  I must have been ?????????? I wrote facility instead of fallacy--- after rereading this this morning  I decided to look the word up again, it just didn't "read" right---turns out just about means the opposite of each other--- muddled sr.minds
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:58:37 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1278 on: August 31, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »
mechanical pump, mechanical shut off

Sum all of the data logging that I have  require a secondary "signal" to start logging either time, throttle position, rpm or a separate  switch

I'll call you tomorrow (sat.).  You could use switches with 2 poles to control the separate start signals via one switch if needed.  I'd also think that one switch could control the power to both loggers.  I'd think you would want to start logging on both at the same time to help somewhat with correlating them time-wise.

I have a feeling that sooner or later you will end up with one device to do the logging.  I tend to use the rpm track (easy to see the shift points) and the TPS most of the time to tell me where and what the driver was doing then add or subtract the other channels.  Looking at them all (16) at once is too confusing.  With the logworks you can look at any combination and it also gives time across the bottom. 

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1279 on: August 31, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »
Sum, you may be right but the QuickData has EGTs and several temp and pressure probes---

right now I have decided to use the QD for stuff be fore the intake inlet and the ECU Data logging for the eng functions

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1280 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
A pretty good day in the shop-- and a trip to Ace Hardware, Home Depot and O'Rileys.  Chasing drawer pulls and cable stops for the throttle cables and chute cables and some 10-32 screws for the coil isolator pads.  I have just about gotten all of the "before instillation" mounting done on all the cables and water lines.

We are now almost to the point where we make the eng bay sheet metal pull the eng,finish welding the new diagonals,seal the bulk head on both sides, and weld a bunch of nuts we will not be able to get to, and mount the sheet metal.

Then get the eng. finalized and install wire and plumb.

It never stops amazing me that I can spend several busy hours in the shop and to have no more that a few tapped holes in a now hard mounted bracket to show for it.

This thing continues to evolve in my pea brain:

In honor of the F 105 "Wild Weasels"  from which my bomb bay tank came from, I will do my nose with "nose art." I think I will then put the name of "Ms. LIBERTY" on it in honor of all who have and are fighting  for our liberties, be those battles foreign or domestic, in or out of uniform.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:08:34 PM by SPARKY »

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #1281 on: September 02, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
Yes Sparky, That last 10% of a race car build takes 10 times longer than planned.

Doug Odom in Big Ditch
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline Jon

« Reply #1282 on: September 02, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »
Sounds like its coming together well Sparky, list must be getting shorter.

Do you want me to send new batteries for your camera :)

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1283 on: September 02, 2013, 04:35:20 PM »
Jon,  I am just about through will pulling the two 1/4" steel lines one for vac. and one for boost, and I nearly have the fire bottle and chute releases--I have one more bracket to relocate and almost through with the throttle cable.  I did hunt down the upload cable though and do know where the camera is   :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1284 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »
Jon

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1285 on: September 02, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
more

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1286 on: September 02, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »
last 2

Offline Jon

« Reply #1287 on: September 03, 2013, 04:01:33 AM »
Thanks Sparky.
Got a fair bit happening.
Like the shape of the new front hoop, not a big fan of the S bend shapes, they're probably plenty strong.

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Freud

« Reply #1288 on: September 03, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »
Are there veins inside the scoop?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1289 on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
Veins o
are for mainlining, vanes are for turning  ---

Dr. F-- knowing you I know that was a test to see how well or how fast I wake up in the morning ??  not yet this thing is on purpose huge inside  I am planning on putting a  splitter inside to keep air from going straight across the top of the carb.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:01:17 PM by SPARKY »