Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097421 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1245 on: August 13, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »
Woody----what a great visit you, Terry and I had --you are a TRUE renisance MAN
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #1246 on: August 13, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
I was the one that was favored.

Sparky looked me up at Salt Talks.

What a gentleman he is.

I was overjoyed.

Thanks, Spark.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1247 on: August 13, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »
My Good Dr.  ---  you should be aware of my  major character flaw----flattery will get you every where with me!!! :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Tman

« Reply #1248 on: August 13, 2013, 03:53:34 PM »
Great to finally meet you Sparky! :cheers:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1249 on: August 13, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »
Hey Sparky, you've been quite the social butterfly, all that big Texan charm.....personally I am regretting every minute that I'm not there and every time I see someone saying "I met Sparky" I think to myself ...." Well, I always had THIS!"...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:24:50 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Tman

« Reply #1250 on: August 13, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
Hey Sparky, you've been quite the social butterfly, all that big Texan charm.....personally I am regretting every minute that I'm not there and every time I see someone saying "I met Sparky" I think to myself ...." Well, I always had THIS!"...

Worst thing was I had to drink all of the 11th Hour IPA. The Scots were too busy to have a beer! :cheers:

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #1251 on: August 13, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
oh you poor thing :cry:

all that horrible IPA......

Once again, I wish I was there, I could have helped. :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Tman

« Reply #1252 on: August 13, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »
oh you poor thing :cry:

all that horrible IPA......

Once again, I wish I was there, I could have helped. :cheers:

We alternated. 11th Hour IPA, Coors, Dales Pale Ale. The Coors was to cleanse your palette of all the Hops and make you appreciate the Ales more! I did drink one of Sparky's and Frankie's Bud Lights at the Salt Talks.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1253 on: August 13, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
Dr G, you were on the minds of many of us while up on the salt this weekend. I did meet one of your fellow countrymen Graham at the Salt Talks and I walked away with a SoS t-shirt at the salt talks raffle

Offline Freud

« Reply #1254 on: August 14, 2013, 01:28:33 AM »
Goggles my first drawing choice at Salt Talks was a white DLRA hat.

Great choice.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #1255 on: August 14, 2013, 02:31:45 AM »
Dr G, you were on the minds of many of us while up on the salt this weekend. I did meet one of your fellow countrymen Graham at the Salt Talks and I walked away with a SoS t-shirt at the salt talks raffle

excellent! Graham is a sort of Aussie..hahaha he's an ex-pat Brit but he'll do, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I would have.........

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
Dr. G  you rocked in the shop today while i crawled with the canopy!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1257 on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:09 AM »
" Well, I always had THIS!"...  Ahhhhh the infamous "B Plan"

Rex,  I so enjoyed our conversation and studying your ride  pls. send me a PM

"Great to finally meet you Sparky!"

Likewise T Man---its good to be able to put a face with a name!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:45:14 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1258 on: August 18, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
Pedro of the Montana Dodge Boys came by yesterday to see the car -- John McKnight who helps on the WW brought him by.

John gave me a book by Larry Davis  "WILD WEASEL, the SAM suppression story" .  In it he mentions that the F 105s had aux fuel tanks in the bomb bay where the A bombs would normally have been.

My tank is Serial number plate says it is  serial # 3 manufactured in May of 1957 Farmingdale LI NY part number 58631084.

I have been busy on the canopy after returning from my few days at SW  it is about 90% done  need to cut the new safety plastic glass and a few welds and then ---pop rivet the glass and structure---this thing is not going to be pretty but it will be functional and I bet the canopy will not come open if I am ever unlucky enough to spin this thing. 

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1259 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:45 PM »
Back in the shop today---I am so tired of this CANOPY  but maybe just maybe  I have done the final noodle---Andy and I are "supposed" to Pull the tank off the front tomorrow  and we can run the 1/4" steel tubing for the two instruments and seal the tank to the bulkhead.   Still lots to do but we are getting a glitter at the end of the tunnel.