Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1103330 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1170 on: June 25, 2013, 11:49:59 PM »
A bit of recycle today! Years ago I had to replace the piece of Lexan on the old RATICAL :cheers:--- well I was able to salvage a 25" x 5" piece for the front  of the new "pilot house" and 2 5" x 36" for the two sides---it will look like it is 1 piece  the butt joint is behind the verticals!!  My Scottish ancestors would be proud---lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1171 on: June 30, 2013, 01:00:59 AM »
minute --Subaru ---- minute Subaru

sorry SSS I didn't know how to spell subaru
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1172 on: June 30, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
Sparky, maybe I missed it-what ignition system are you running?

Lakester looks great-you've come a LOOOOONG ways since El Mirage last year! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1173 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
Buddy ---sometimes I  feel like I am just closer to going crazy  ---waiting on Brown Santa for parts and Marty for intercooler---I cant wait any longer---I really need to mount and plump the intercooler to stay out of trouble---I started to run water lines---on RATICAL I was able to run them in the bottom of the car ---on the WW I am having to put them upstairs.

This is 1.25' tubing with .062 wall  with 1" 90s and 45s-- which give me  1.120 id  I used a die grinder to cut the threads out of the pipe fittings we will braze them.  I was tempted to make much longer runs of straight tubing but figured that down the road it might be easier to take them out than cut them out---lol

Buddy
MSD 7  their 2 amp coil for 7 & 8 boxes--I don't know what color it is ---it is one color on the internet and another in the cat.  the part # is 8261
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:42:11 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1174 on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:31 AM »
more recycle today--cut up a stainless steel base to a commercial dishwasher---wahlah---beginnings of the shielding for the exhaust pipies running in the bottow of the car two more layers to gS

come on Brown Santa---Please deliver me the fire bottles, intake push rods and  please please have Marty bring the intercooler there is LOTS of stuff I could do if we had parts delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:33:05 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1175 on: July 09, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
made lots of phone calls---where is my stuff---

push rods should be here Tue.

Fire fox ---8.3/4 # fire bottle---back ordered

MSD coil---not here yet -- no idea when

Great new--Marty brought the ALMOST completed inter cooler over this morning--I chased parts and got serious about plumbing it all so that I can mount it

Air Aid filters are suppose to have the rest of the pieces Tue am---will be ordering some body mounting weld on Dutz tabs  when I go to pick up the Manley 7/16th push rods and MSD coil, I will pick up the electric oil pressure and manual boost gauges !

The serious crunch is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1176 on: July 10, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »
Ohh the indescribable and unattainable joys of bracket racing :x

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1177 on: July 10, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
look maw no straps!!!

now to  will get busy on mounting the hoses and the heat shields.    I have a lot of the patterns already made---I just need to hard mount the exhaust---ie finish it just like it will be run and work out.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:33:03 PM by SPARKY »

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #1178 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
Looking good! See you on the salt! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1179 on: July 13, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
More recycle yesterday---a filter trap out of one of the commercial dish washers has been reassigned duty--- it is now an ice strainer to keep bergy bits  from entering the pumps.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1180 on: July 13, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »
I would not worry too much about that strainer. It may restrict flow. I have never known anybody to have a problem with ice going through the pump. Most of our gang use the Rule submersible pumps and they just seem to pass the smaller chunks through. The nice thing is that ice always floats. As long as you are sucking from bottom of tank, you should be getting cold water and not much ice.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline JimL

« Reply #1181 on: July 13, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
I agree. We ran a 15 gallon intercooler tank in our roadster.  I had a WRC Celica intercooler pump and we put in 40 lbs of crushed ice per run.  Even THAT pump couldnt pull the ice down in that big tank.

Fun sidenote: our intercooler was horizontal on top of our slant 4 engine.  It had a nice flat top surface, which was outside of our hood.  While we were precooling before starting the engine and leaving the start line, the starter sometimes set his ice tea on the intercooler.  He'd tell folks he was cooling his drink while he checked the belts and all. :-)

Regards, JimL

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1182 on: July 14, 2013, 12:38:13 AM »
I will give it a flow test tomorrow  I :-o  will see how fast it sinks

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1183 on: July 14, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »
Rob don't those rule pumps have built in strainers? 
1 inside the "cooler" the 1" inlets to the two pumps
2 the "re-purposed" piece
3 inside --in place
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:42:25 AM by SPARKY »

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #1184 on: July 14, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
Sparky, it looks real good!

Even though ice floats, we also added mesh screen, similar to yours-no sense taking a chance!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:54:14 AM by 38flattie »