Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097737 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1095 on: May 22, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »
LOL   ohhh for the joys and simplicity of an Inliner--- :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #1096 on: May 22, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
LOL   ohhh for the joys and simplicity of an Inliner--- :-D

I'll get back to you on that one! :-o

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1097 on: May 22, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #1098 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »
That snake pit may surprise you.

it is very well packaged from what I saw of it.

bf
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1099 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
this is the snake eggs, the pit full of vipers will be when I start running the the data logging wires, water and oil lines
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:22:39 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1100 on: May 22, 2013, 10:19:21 PM »
Sparky, that's just a learning curve on how to build a streamliner, you cram 10 # in a 5#  sack. Then add driver thats double jointed. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #1101 on: May 23, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »
By some reason I got the feeling, that, longer Sparky works on the lakester.....so more the lakester shrinks.... :-D :cheers:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1102 on: May 23, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »
PP  spot on---  I feel that way some times---especially when I have to cut something out and move it so I can put something else in there :-P

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1103 on: May 23, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
Nice work!

When I saw the car last year, it looked like there would be lots of room.

You used it all! :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1104 on: May 23, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »
Buddy your right about that. Its changed quite a bit since the first time I saw it last September. Im sure itll change more before it sees the salt later this year. Im just happy Sparky has allowed me to be a small part of things

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1105 on: May 23, 2013, 07:05:15 PM »
Dave,  Started welding up the seams we chopped into what is now going to CANOPY with what we left him to work with---he is doing a great job getting the thing where we can attach "IT" to the canopy frame. I worked on finish welding the turbo waste gates to exhaust manifolds.  Next will be to tap them for the EGTs.  I called Tim Cox today---hopefully will get to see him Friday pm to tap and thread the heads.  Al E, Bill S and Denton came by for a short visit---I dropped by his place yesterday---he was building a intake manifold for his 1/2 v-8 ---he gives me grief for my complicated car---he runs FUEL--he believes life starts at about 90%

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1106 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »
We started on rescuing the Canopy piece we butchered out--I beat and banged this morning ---and in 15 minutes I was bleeding in more places than I had in the last 90 days---lol  Dave and I tried to figure out why the spool gun wasn't working----hmmm  I am looking for schematics ---

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1107 on: May 25, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »
A special thanks to Tim Cox the C of BC racing---the red Camaro  who deliver the B of BC racing a red hat at 250+ this past season

He came up today a brought some of his drills and tools to tap the heads for the "missing" two head bolts that the chev engs. Left out but but back in their BOW TIE race block.  Andy and I were spell bound as he, so carefully, check and rechecked  the alignment and angles before drilling, chamfering, taping, the installing the heilcoils.

Thanks Tim for the great job and the great lessons..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:22:05 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1108 on: May 25, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
The top pict is where we started -- Brodix gives  a great point to start from we have stock Brodix  2 Xtras

The bottom is where we finished see the upside down 7/16 bolt

Thanks again Tim--- for the great machining lessons and the the 4 extra bolts for our 509--
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:21:21 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1109 on: May 26, 2013, 02:25:00 AM »
So- the extra bolts go up into the heads? Are torque wrench adaptors available for that layout?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020