Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097548 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1080 on: May 16, 2013, 12:49:03 PM »
A Very good day---worked for several hours this morning-quit at 10:00--- VERY frustrated---  came back at 1:45 PM  started in on it again---Frankie came at 5:30--got serious about doing things that one enjoys having 2 pairs of hands---had to cut both sides again to rotate  just a little to take out some miss alignment---I am now 2 bolts away from having the turbos locked down.  Andy and I have started on the Mooootooor
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1081 on: May 17, 2013, 01:38:16 AM »
Had visitors today   :-D    Bill a bike guy and his lovely from Cleveland spent 2 + hours in the shop with Mr. WW and myself learning about his bike and Mr. WW's  systems--
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1082 on: May 17, 2013, 07:35:27 AM »
a note of discovery  :-o---of my lack of experience  :roll:

Andy and I were getting "acquainted" with the 509 shortblock that is built in my original eng.  It has some pits and other scars from it encounter with flying bits. it is a 9.8 shortdeck with 6.535 rods. With flattop blower pistons it has a lot of rock about + or - 12 thou, to go with the pistons coming out of the hole about 3 thou. To keep the heads and pistons from getting acquainted I ordered the .053 gaskets. This should leave me with about 8.6 Cr. 
I called Tim Cox of 636 red Camaro fame and he is going to help me thread and helicoil the heads for the 2 extra head bolts---I called Brodix and they told me to use 7/16 coarse thread cap screw torqued to 55'#

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #1083 on: May 17, 2013, 10:25:30 PM »
Linda and Bill,
what a welcome wagon ; for strangers off the 101 ; with two hours notice - and for a bike guy.
a workshop to be envious of.
a race car with unbelievable craftsmanship.
the stories of back when and now. plus the words of wisdom.

would like to be back on the salt running the bike and seeing WW at its' best.
Thank You, Sparky .

bill and Diane franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1084 on: May 18, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »
Productive Diversion  :-D

To the untrained eye this contraption may look like a Dog Cart for mushers to give their dogs a "RUN"---but what this really, really is--it's WW's canopy, a testimony to the radio station that we all listen to WIFM--what's in it for me-- My buddy Dave needed a knock down Dog cart bingeneered and he knows that I have a scrap pile that holds LOTS & LOTS of treasures.

I needed a tig welder who is willing to put WW's hat back together.  Wallah we will start attacking the canopy next week.

Bill and Dianne and any other LSR JUNKIES else wishing to drop by, when you are in the Phoenix area---come on, come on, the welcome mat is out! Thanks for the kind words, by the way my shop is my "PRICE" that my wife had to pay to get me to move out of TEXAS.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:21:01 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1085 on: May 20, 2013, 11:51:48 PM »
Great Day---finished the DOG cart---Dave is working on getting acquainted with the Canopy metal---we will have a great day Wed.---Frankie is coming over Tue night---now if I can just get Marty freed up and back on the inter cooler-- we will really start to goooo!!!!

If John can get free-- he and I will start on the Instrument panel 

Brown Santa came today with the thick gaskets and the Turbo diper---I tried it out so I will order the second one.  Andy and I can figure out the Push Rod lengths!!

Offline Tman

« Reply #1086 on: May 21, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »
Give Frankie your camera so we can get some decent new shots!!!!!!!!! :-D :lol:

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1087 on: May 21, 2013, 12:50:24 AM »
T, if I can figure out my password to Photobucket, ill try to post some pics Wednesday from my phone

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1088 on: May 21, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »
T-Man---I have cut out some small stuff----final welded some tacks- and spent hours & Hours of Noodle time---figuring on water hose routing, ect ect---in other words--- where to mount, run and PUT STUFF ---not much to show---  I think we will soon have lots to take picts of 

these hair dryers took SCADS of time--- and I still have lots to do with them but we are MUCH MUCH closer

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1089 on: May 21, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »
Sparky, this build has come a looong way! :cheers:

What kind of HP do you anticipate?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1090 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
Hoping to be able to do around 1200 + or - 100

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1091 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
Hoping to be able to do around 1200 + or - 100

:cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1092 on: May 22, 2013, 12:08:16 AM »
T-Man  :-D

Marty came by tonight --picked up the intercooler to weld the blow off nubs and fab the top plate of the outlet plenum.  As he was leaving Frankie drove up and we got the waste gates ruffed in  I will final weld them in the AM and start drilling holes for the egts---I didnt take a pict of the turbo diaper but it worked fine will order the second one.  Dave comes in the AM and we will start on the canopy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:16:40 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #1093 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:20 AM »
Loks like a snake pit.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1094 on: May 22, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
I still hate plumbing :x better you than me. my time will come though.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15