Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097790 times)

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #975 on: March 10, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »
How did that get on the CD
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #976 on: March 10, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
Wow.  That's all I can say.  Wow.

Night before last Nancy and I went to a blues show here in Marquette.  Good music -- a father, son, and nephew from Mississippi, and - ready for this -- a 19-year-old white kid from Cheyenne, Wyoming.  He's the lead guitar.  Freakin' AMAZINGLY GREAT!

19 years old -- what's he going to be when he's been playing the blues for more than the eight years he's got in already?

But put him on lead and fiddlin' around with this lyric -- I'd pay money to see that show.

Okay, back to Sparky's car thread.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #977 on: March 11, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »

I said I am winning the battle, not that it is over ..............yet. And we don't need to bet the IPAs, there will be one for you regardless.
Jon,  Some how I knew some bike guy was going to speak up---but the SIZE of the turbo stuff makes a huge difference---there is a reason why some of these cars are so large--Speed Deamon and others come to mind---when you start trying to make a lot of HP---there are big cooling problems that must be dealt with virtually every system on the car.

Got the HRM issue with the Speed Demon on the bench right now studying it. It is amazing how LITTLE the intercoolers are! The plumbing takes up the bulk of the space. I am using it as a template for my own packaging and i think I am winning the battle!

Hey Trent,

oh, the confidence...... If you think you're winning the battle, I wanna bet you an IPA. When we pulled the pinion in the SOS during Speedweek here, there were a few raised eyebrows when I said , "we have to lift the water tank (220lbs) and hoist the motor to pull the tail-shaft enough to undo the pinion nut....." true.... but you'll have more room than that........

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #978 on: March 11, 2013, 02:17:06 AM »
d-a-m-m---- Dr G  I read the WORDS and I still do not think that I know more than it's a LAMENT of some kind  :-P

SSS  there have been quite a few White Boys who play a mean Blues GEEtar, Stevie Ray, Eric Clampton & EJ to some extent come to mind
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:27:20 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #979 on: March 11, 2013, 02:30:53 AM »
How did that get on the CD
G

Some one we know Grumm ?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #980 on: March 11, 2013, 03:06:38 AM »
every time I hear that song, I wonder how he got Rod Dusty Dog to sing on his CD
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #981 on: March 11, 2013, 10:57:39 AM »
Wow.  That's all I can say.  Wow.

Night before last Nancy and I went to a blues show here in Marquette.  Good music -- a father, son, and nephew from Mississippi, and - ready for this -- a 19-year-old white kid from Cheyenne, Wyoming.  He's the lead guitar.  Freakin' AMAZINGLY GREAT!

19 years old -- what's he going to be when he's been playing the blues for more than the eight years he's got in already?

But put him on lead and fiddlin' around with this lyric -- I'd pay money to see that show.

Okay, back to Sparky's car thread.

I bet  that young man's name Taylor Scott?  He's local, and very good!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #982 on: March 11, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
Thanks for the prompt.  I looked up the band's site -- www.gradychampion.com -- and sure enough, Taylor Scott is the lad.  What a talent.  He's worth remembering.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #983 on: March 11, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »
Hey Bill, when we talked the other day I said I'd send you a picture of the way I measure temp. & press. using the same access port boss. The unit at the top of the photo is a 1/8" open tip k-type thermocouple I use for temps less then ~300 degrees F. The lower unit is also 1/8" but a shielded thermocouple good to ~1850 degrees IIRC. The thread on the tee is 1/8" pipe and I install a -4 AN fitting in the side of the tee to get pressure readings from the same port. Kills two birds with one tap.  :-)  Have fun!
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #984 on: March 11, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »
That is a great idea, Michael-- thanks.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #985 on: March 12, 2013, 01:00:38 AM »
Mike thanks for posting.

Had a fairly good day!  Jim Price of Saltiene new called checking up on me.  dropped the intercooler of so Marty can work on the incoming end---we need major surgery for the intake end.  Worked on the turbo mounting brackets and the incoming turbine 90 deg turn manifold where the waste gate and sensors will be mounted.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #986 on: March 14, 2013, 11:57:06 PM »
Well,  slowly and not too surely we are getting there--found a new use for bending mistakes---found two curved tubes in my scrap pile that I have made into wastegate stalks-- that gets them out from under the turbos and into an area above the rear axle.  Finally I think I "heard" the car tell me how to mount them. should be able to do that  in the next couple of days.  Ordered a 4" 90 deg alum. weldable el from Irrigation Supply for the motor end of the intercooler.  Still waiting for the caar to tell me about the pumps.

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #987 on: March 15, 2013, 12:09:53 AM »
Finally I think I "heard" the car tell me how to mount them.

Sparky, we should start calling you the "Salt Whisperer".  :cheers:  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #988 on: March 15, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
lol

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #989 on: March 16, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
Sparky, what style intercooler are you using-did I miss it?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c