Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097189 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: Wild Weasel<Thud Spud> a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #840 on: October 08, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
Any progress over there in NE Phoenix or are you too tied up with the elcetion stuff? Hope all is well with ya Sparky

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #841 on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »
I am in the middle of a compulsory kitchen remodel  not much on the car Maybe Thursday
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #842 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »
I am in the middle of a compulsory kitchen remodel  not much on the car Maybe Thursday

Know the feeling, finishing a bath remod me self. :?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #843 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
Gotta love those Honey-do's! :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #844 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:36 AM »
Buddy---More than once I have paid the price for not "LOVING" them!!  loving
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #845 on: October 10, 2012, 11:18:50 AM »
Buddy---More than once I have paid the price for not "LOVING" them!!  loving

Haha! Been there, done that-will probably have to do it again! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #846 on: October 18, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
Crissa and I worked on the fuel door panel  we are getting it figured out countersinking the fasteners and such  tedious but we will soon get the hang of it---I HOPE!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #847 on: October 21, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »
Well  I do no at have the complete hang of it but I am making progress---until ---I was implored to DIVERT---to installing a rear axle on a "DRIFT TRIKE"  seems like the "LONG BOARD" crowd has a new thing

Strip down a bike frame, get you some HF inflatable dolly wheels and an axle about 30-36" wide weld on the back of the bike frame  get some 4-5" sections of PVC schedule 40 that will fit over the deflated tires--  air them up inside the sections of PVC  weld a seat on the axle---WALLA  one has a drift trike---much like a big wheel

Go find a steep hill with curves and you have the makings of an adrenilin induced head trama--if you drift into the front bumper of an oncoming car or go over the side of the mountain at 45-60 MPH

Offline Tman

« Reply #848 on: October 21, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
Well  I do no at have the complete hang of it but I am making progress---until ---I was implored to DIVERT---to installing a rear axle on a "DRIFT TRIKE"  seems like the "LONG BOARD" crowd has a new thing

Strip down a bike frame, get you some HF inflatable dolly wheels and an axle about 30-36" wide weld on the back of the bike frame  get some 4-5" sections of PVC schedule 40 that will fit over the deflated tires--  air them up inside the sections of PVC  weld a seat on the axle---WALLA  one has a drift trike---much like a big wheel

Go find a steep hill with curves and you have the makings of an adrenilin induced head trama--if you drift into the front bumper of an oncoming car or go over the side of the mountain at 45-60 MPH

Lots of Youtube action about those things.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #849 on: October 23, 2012, 03:37:41 PM »
CAM-LOCKS---while not being a cam-lock pro ---we have now done our first dozen  I am sure we used way to many but I bet the fuel door doesn't  as Bo Diddley said  "Blow in the Street" picts to follow.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #850 on: November 15, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
Well, well, well---reality set in---we will not race if we don't work on the car---Marty came by, Joey is catching up, Good Guys is this weekend, Dave and John were over Tues and Wed. for several hours---my brain is getting back in the game---John and I spent some time yesterday on instrument cluster and chute release.  Last night I spent some time online studying water heaters  better know as intercoolers.  I sure like Rob's 2 pass thinking where will I find all the ROOM---his packaging is going to be outstanding!!!

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #851 on: November 15, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »
Good to see you back in the shop. Let some of the the frustrations of the past election fuel the passion to get that bad boy finished. Im covering the office near your place next week. If your gonna be around maybe ill stop by at lunch

Offline Jon

« Reply #852 on: November 15, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »
What size batteries does your camera take Sparky, I'll send some over if you can't get them Stateside.

Getting some Wild Weasel Withdrawals happening here.

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #853 on: November 15, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
Jon,  spent the last two sessions really just getting the car to the surface of my pea brain---

Joey and I should start on building and mounting the inst panel. Placing the gauges so that they are easy to scan and don't require much focal length change in ones instrument scan!! 

We have intentionally not used a full canopy trying to address a glare problem on can have at B'ville.  At El M If you run early the sun can be in ones face.

Picts will follow when we have something to show!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #854 on: November 16, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »
Well the best laid plans of mice and men, fell by the way side. 

Insanity rules----Dug out the old fab jig I made 7 years ago have picts---just for you Jon!!! :-D