Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097380 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel<Thud Spud
« Reply #795 on: August 05, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »
REALITY check---boy o boy is there a huge difference between rebuilding an existing car  and finishing a new car  the Wild Weasel will not be seeing Salt in August! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  want to bees-- have no buisness becoming got tos--  that leads to accident chains---- this car  will be capable of running too fast to risk having a car in which one didn't address potential problems and finish EVERYTHING that could possibiliy help in unforseen misshaps  we need to slow down and put the weight and tailfeaters the push button primary chute release-ect ect

Therefore we have a preentry for sale---- we are planning on being on the salt Sat. AM for a few days  we are pumped-- but have decided to be methodical in our finishing the car---Sum will be back  Tues and we plan on working on the body attachment.  I had made a mistake in the way I was using the body---Sum convinced me I needed to make the tank bay freestanding!!!!  Yesteday  I made brackets and whacked it into--- Sum Promised to help me but it back together!! We also need to attach the cam locks in a couple of panels!!

PRE-ENRTY FOR SALE  Sparky 602-762-2211
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:31:37 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jl222

« Reply #796 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:24 AM »
  Sparky...you can't say you didnt give it your best effort. But ''as we know on the 222 Camaro, fabrication always takes longer than planned.  We spent all day yesderday on front headlight covers, couldn't believe it took so long. Then we spotted rust on top of valve :-o

Your right on pushing it to fast.

JL222

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #797 on: August 05, 2012, 08:07:59 AM »
Hey Hero,
  I know theres been a lot of people checking on your progress Sparky & we were all rooting for you. You gave it your best Mate & we are impressed with how much your old arse got done.  :-o
Snuggle up to the wife for a couple of days then go to the salt & have fun.
  Sid.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #798 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »
Good move Sparky.

It will get done and be a much better car for the extra time you spend on it. The detail stuff always takes way longer than you'd think and is where the niggling problems arise. Doing things with the thought that you can redo them at a later time is not the type of quality control you want to use on a project with the capabilities that this one has.

Relax, enjoy a few days of SW and go back to work refreshed and inspired!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Say Hi to Sum. We're still looking forward to seeing his lakester.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #799 on: August 05, 2012, 09:16:38 AM »
Sparky, discretion IS the better part of valor! We want to see a Wild Weasel not a wounded one!  :cheers:
And there will still be excess beer that needs to be disposed of!   :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2012, 10:38:52 AM »
Woody  The nose config. is going to have an AWSOME look  especially after we build the nose-axle fairings -- caint wait to get nose art on this thing-- the rear under body fairings are going to be better than I expected that parabolic side cut out--is traisition fairing nicely behind the rear axle---do not know what the air will think but "looks good"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:51:46 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Tman

« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
Smart move.Now you have 370 days to do it right and finish it off!

Offline Stan Back

Re: Wild Weasel<Thud Spud> a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #802 on: August 05, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »
Thanx.  I was starting to worry.  And the air gets better later in the year.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Jon

« Reply #803 on: August 05, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
IMHO a good choice Sparky.

Like you said it's going to run too fast to be running unfinished.

Look forward to watching your build continue.

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #804 on: August 05, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
Summner called and he will be bakc Mon night late will be available for a few days---time will tell---our plan is to concentrate on finishing the body---

Thanks for the words of encourgement guys we still our planing to run this year if  all works out

Offline Podunk

« Reply #805 on: August 05, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
Sparkie,
Is it CRS or to much liquid induced engineering but Grant was the tall thin kid in our room last year.

Terry MouRer

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #806 on: August 05, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
Sparky,
I know that this is a pretty selfish idea, as I would love to see your car in person, but do a "Marlo" put it on the trailer and drag  it to the salt for all of us to see. We have never meet but hope to see you at the salt, I will be with Steve Nelson and his no. 221 V4/FL lakester, stop by.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #807 on: August 06, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Rex,  It just will not be ready---Sum and I are going to try to nail down the body while he is here---then we need to paint the frame and lots of metal parts before we start to put it together---we are at the point of where there are a lot of chicken or egg debates going on in my mind!

Besides I have no illusions of comparing my "sick addition" to Marlo's and Humes  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers: "Magnificent Obsession"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:55:39 PM by SPARKY »

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #808 on: August 06, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »
Sparky, Rex was reading my mind - do a Marlo - we'd love to see it! Even without the nose art!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #809 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
Getting ready for the caonpy