Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097614 times)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: Wild Weasel<Thud Spud
« Reply #780 on: July 28, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
Sparky, either I missed something, or I just don't know-what do you mean by " Baloney slices" ?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #781 on: July 28, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
inserted into cyl. in front of the rear axel!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #782 on: July 28, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
Tom and Marty---- the guys that made the slices work
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #783 on: July 28, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
Cut Outs and the almost finished product

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #784 on: July 28, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »
Today is one of those days---you dream, you plan, you draw, you read, you study---then you start to build,  you build and build,  you work, you buy parts, you are frustated,, then you have a day like today---when you are over whelmed by what you are looking at---"the thing"  starts to come together---as much as you THINK you have a mental image  then the metal start to take final shape and form--- this thing is just blowing me away  ---it sorta looks like I thouht it would,  but it is Different somehow---it is going to be RAW, it is going to be UNFINISHED,  but we still hope to be runable at speed week---

REMEMBER---fabricators and racers willing to  work for food and beer are still at the top of the wish list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:06:47 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #785 on: July 29, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »
Andy and I put in a long day today---nooo we didn't bracket race we rachett strap raced--- which also includes making brackets  I had forgotten how UNfun sheetmetal is :-(  but it is a big part of Special Construction  it was late in the day before WW spoke to us about 2 things ---the under axle fairing and maybe about the canopy--- we were forced to make some lesser choices in keeping with wanting to run this year instead of trying to be the best that one might be able to come up with!!! :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:30:43 AM by SPARKY »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #786 on: July 29, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
Sparky, your doing great!!  Keep up the hard work and remember it's called speed week, you don't have to be there on Saturday.  You can do it!!! :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #787 on: July 30, 2012, 12:06:28 AM »
Sparky, this one has to be prettier than the last one...  :roll:  :-D
Looking forward to seeing it at Speedweek.  I'd come help if either of mine were ready to race...
BTW I have a new wrench you are welcome to come to Kansas and use if you can keep that motor under 1000 HP.... You and your bride could visit the LSR* Bed and Breakfast... after race season  :-D

*Linda & Stainless Ranch
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:08:51 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #788 on: July 30, 2012, 12:48:09 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys---

1 rachet racing
2 rear showing with pilot tubes  and main chute tubes
3  one of the slice removals just found a better use than the scrap pile----takes care of the botton transisition--one of the messages from WW today!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:33:49 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #789 on: July 31, 2012, 12:45:53 AM »
Andy and I had a good session designed two "brackets
Marty dropped by on his bike being towed by Zeus---the wonder dog---he tacked up the canopy frame that I designed and cut out today!!!
Terry Mouer called and said he and his grandson Grant will be out for Speedweek--Really lookforward to seeing  them, especially meeting Grant whom we have so much about!!! :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:49:04 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #790 on: August 01, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »
John got the chute release cables installed in the rear---I worked on the combo--made a parts run---
Andy got home early and we worked out the rear panel attachment and installed the under body fairing behind the rear axle and later Marty came by and weled up the canopy frame--

Francis called and is working on the hood scoop---on the parts run dropped by Cholla cabinets and said hello to AL E and his roadster---he told me to get lost and get back home and get to work if I was going to SW

Mark from Scottsdale dropped by to look at my tubing bender  he is working on a B eng Mod Sport Triumph and is thinking of

# 1   The combo bracket- battery hold down, cooling water hold down, rear body panel holder.

# 2    Marty came by and weled up the canopy frame
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:13:10 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #791 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »
If all goes well Sumner and Ruth are suppose to be by later this afternoon---maybe I can con him into helping for a day or two!!  My bride get back in town after visiting her sisters for 8 days---I bet I eat better than I have for the last week!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:42:23 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #792 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
Sparky, please say HI to Sum and Ruth and drag them along to Bonneville.  :-D Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #793 on: August 02, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »
Wayne-O  I passed on your wish to Sum---Great news he has agreed to work for food for a few days---weill be a most welcome addition!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:02:32 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #794 on: August 03, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »
Sum has thrashed on the body for the last day and a half---the nose is hard on and aligned properly---Thanks Sum for a great effort!!

I am getting very close to being done behind the rear axle the chute attachments to Way longer than I though---then it seems like more and more things do!!!