Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1101252 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel<Thud Spud
« Reply #765 on: July 24, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
Thanks guys  I will look into these today!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #766 on: July 24, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
If the panels are going to come on and off I would use camlocks.  I get mine from Coast Fabrication and they have just about any grip length you would ever need.  Get there catalog, its free and is handy for all the measurements and diagrams in it. http://www.coastfab.com/hardware.html  Tony

These guys got the floating nutplates I've been looking for. Thanks Tony.
Spruce probably has them but I did not see them on their website.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: July 24, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »
Tony---thanks for the great link---I called both places went with your guys---wonderful tech support and extremely helpfull---went with the 27?? series # 4s because I think they will work best for our application------only time will tell--- we found your guys slightly higher but we appreciate a helpfull attitude with my rookie status on using these things and went with them---thanks again-- :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #768 on: July 25, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »
They are great to work with and helped me many times over the years, plus they have done their share of LSR stuff.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #769 on: July 25, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
Well we are off to the bracket and body fabricating wars!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:57:27 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #770 on: July 26, 2012, 10:03:02 AM »
GEEZE it is easy to understand why there are so many unfinished bucket list cars--

-when you get down to the BRACKETT racing ---one spends long days in the shop and you end up putting more things on the list than you mark off!!  I cut the nose off have the car on the floor have a pretty good idea what the panel in frt of the axle will look like now---need to go get a grease pencil to mark the panels then---put new consumables in the plasma cutter hold my breath and ---

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #771 on: July 26, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
Project equation: Time to complete first 98% = Time to complete last 2%!  :-o :cry:

Keep the hammer down Brackett man, you're closer than you think!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #772 on: July 26, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »
LOL

Woody---Terry Mouer suggested:

end of build THRASH last 2 weeks

HELP Wanted!!!

Race car Fabricators!!

Willing to work for FOOD!!!  ie --lunch

1 beer at end of shift!!!  lol

Offline Jon

« Reply #773 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
I'm not a race car fabricator Sparky; I drink rum rather than beer but if you cover the commute I'll be there ;).

Any pics happening?

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #774 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:14 AM »
Jon, might be worth it then we could introduce you to TEQUILA  :cheers:

Had what seems like a strange day--parts arived by BROWN Santa---camlocks ---thanks Tony  bought a bunch of strange semingly non related parts---we have got to take on the CANOPY--- Marty and I went round-an-round he won--we will use a piano hinge anget after this one way or another-- the nose finally told me what it wants to see-- I THINK--- Marty brought by the side panels---the found a soft ware site that let them define the shape of the "SWOOSH" that will be inserted into the cyl. shape of the body---

Francis fro Oro Vally is bringing up the intake scoop for fitting---can't wait to see his effforts---

Marty told me I better get going with the camera---as the build was becoming BOOOOOORIINNNNGGGGG
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:28:20 AM by SPARKY »

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #775 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:16 AM »
Hang a flag & flashing lights on Terry's suggestion Sparky. I'd be a candidate if I wasn't already 24/7-ing my own life. Hear I am heading to bed at 3am.
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #776 on: July 27, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Ahhh the generosity of guys from down under---thanks mates :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Marty welded in some of the patches I made the other day

Next project welding the sections we made by slicing the left over hoop we cut off the tank--together to form the eng bay top and we have one for the bottom to be done
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:06:32 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #777 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »
in progerss

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #778 on: July 27, 2012, 09:04:50 AM »
next project the dreaded canopy---  Andy gave me grief over the 2x4 and Marty went palistic---that is a pal who goes ballistic on his buddy giving him BIG # 2 over something

---he didn't like me using emt even for concept visiualition---it will be done in alum.  Well everyones mind works differently and mine needs help

Some SR citizen chick one of my wifes friends--called me a 70 year old juvenile the other day--now I KNOW that was ment as a compliment

Andy and I stuck the eng in getting ready for Francis and his contribution to the Wild Weasel---the air intake scoop
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:20:52 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #779 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:30 AM »
Marty talked me into just buying another rolled hoop rather than welding up the old parts----

Francis brought up the scoop---he did a fine job with the fiberglass fabrication  he took the carb and the plate back to finish it--sorry guys I did not run and grab the camera.  Marty and Tom brought over the " Baloney slices" and we spent a lot of time noodling out the best way to mount the things---
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:42:45 PM by SPARKY »