Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097378 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel<Thud Spud
« Reply #690 on: July 05, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »
Jon, somehow when I read your question yesterday it didn't register ---

yes we can still get in the  original lines---the windscreen is to get the flat part to 50 degrees--- for better visibility---we sort of tested  it and that is close to the angle of late model cars viewed from the rear standing on a box it doesnt seem very disruptive--we may tuff it but we will not spend much time---we are fast running out of it!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #691 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »
Sparky,
I did a quick look at your axle and with the axle constrained as you have it a 100 lb. load at the end of the axle will make it deflect .0006 inches. Doesn't look to me that radius rods are called for here and being that the axle is pretty stiff in bending I would not think that there would be any sort of frequency problems. What this also says is that the vertical deflection of the axle will be directly proportional to this deflection for 100 lbs. That is to say that if your front wheel has a load of 1000 lbs vertically from the weight of the car the axle will deflect upward .006 inches, again pretty darn stiff.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #692 on: July 05, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »
Thanks Rex  the old car had this set up with just a slightly wider attachment point and we had no problems, allways nice to run the math though
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:05:58 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #693 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
Also nothing like some first hand experience!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #694 on: July 06, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »
body is marked for cutting the canopy---and back off we should have a good day!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #695 on: July 07, 2012, 01:25:34 AM »
Brackett racing ----rear chute tube pilot launcher mounts---diag on the push bar/chute anchor, canopy lower rails,  water tank mounts, ect ect,  we  will---had LOTS of vistors Al Eishanbac  sp?????---said he should fire his motor tomorrow---MARTY, Bob Mike and Andy came by after 7:00 pm as slow and weird as it is we are now knocking out things that we should not have to visit again!!!!!! yeah !!!!

forgot to mention---brown santa did a fly by drop by the front door  yesterday sometime ---we will be pulling the eng this weekend and installing and "hosing" the new pan!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:22:08 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #696 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
next 2 weeks will be the semi thrash  :-om  then we move to--- 2 weeks to go thrash-- in which will have an added dimension---loading and getting BUFTer and the trailer ready.  lots and lots to do  :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:05:31 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Crosley

« Reply #697 on: July 07, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »
Brackett racing ----rear chute tube pilot launcher mounts---diag on the push bar/chute anchor, canopy lower rails,  water tank mounts, ect ect,  we  will---had LOTS of vistors Al Eishanbac  sp?????---said he should fire his motor tomorrow---MARTY, Bob Mike and Andy came by after 7:00 pm as slow and weird as it is we are now knocking out things that we should not have to visit again!!!!!! yeah !!!!

Al Eshenbaugh ,  :-D
Tony in AZ...

"If you find yourself in a ditch.... let up on the throttle"

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #698 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
long day---got the dry sump system plumbed

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #699 on: July 08, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Darn near 1 full day ---  some times it hurts more because you'r so slow than the next day from crawling up and down off the floor trying  to heard these hose snakes

But it's begining to look like a race eng, in a race car!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:51:00 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #700 on: July 08, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
IOUs from earlier  :-D  Thanks to Dr. G' digi cam gift

3 & 4 rear chute mounts and tubes

6 is the start of the of the canopy--these are2.250" .062 ripped length wise that fits over the 2" upper frame rail---the will be the lower rail of the canopy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:46:01 PM by SPARKY »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #701 on: July 08, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »
Sparky, it's coming along nicely! :cheers:

I can't wait to see it on the salt!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: July 08, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
This is begining to tell on me---or I am telling on myself---I came in to  get some help from drugs----ALEVE--- the ODD--  Old Dessert Dog--drug of choice  :-D  well second choice here's to the first  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #703 on: July 08, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
Found the plate for the nose on the Wild Weasel  its the tail end of a pylon tank off a F-86 Saberjet made in 1954---goes well with my F-105 Thunderchief

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/75/F-86a_sabre_fu-178_kemble_arp.jpg/640px-F-86a_sabre_fu-178_kemble_arp.jpg

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #704 on: July 08, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
Marty came over and made the tray that we will attache the scoop that Francis is making  this will be 14" wide and 21" long fits over the reversion plate and under the carb gasket.  We will bring the throttle and fuel in to the scoop plenum from below so when we take the scoop off