Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097431 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: The Thud Spud
« Reply #570 on: May 21, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
Wayno,  Like wise---it was good to meet Buddy for the first time---neat, neat guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76LbvnoIDkE
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:07:22 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #571 on: May 26, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »
Back in the shop and started on verifying final alignment before welding in the trans mounts and finishing the front motorplate. I have already found one mismatch the vertical tubes at the rear axle are not centered on the lower frame rails.  This is off by about 3/32 and should easily be adjusted when we hang body panels.

PJ asked that I post a shot of the trans. & possible future turbo bay with its weird bracing--once I get the headers figured out this bay will be subject to future "additions"

I will be the first to say  I really do not know exactly the final version of this area will look.

52514 shows 2 of the drivers side rails out to make it possible to take the eng. in and out!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:03:46 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #572 on: May 26, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
Keep banging away Sparky been following for awhile. :cheers:

Frank
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #573 on: May 26, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
Thanks Frank,

Had a pretty good day in the shop

1. got the tranny mount in
2. got the water tank base mount in
3. Andy came over and finished the brakes
4. scored a used AFCO 2:1 steering quickner off ebay at less than 1/2 price
5 got most of the lines drawn on the frt motor plate so that I can cut it out

VI got the paper work done so that we have another PC in my Paradise Park Precinct to join in the FIGHT!!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #574 on: May 27, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »
It's hard to believe what looks so roomy now is going to be a really tight fit for everything but I fully understand what you're up against. I'll continue to monitor the build and continue to comment when I think I may be able to contribute. Your build continues to look good.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I enjoyed the conversation the other day Bill.

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #575 on: May 27, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
Tight fit  :-o ---lol  I think  :-P  I am going to have to leave the flat washer off to keep the mounting bolt from hitting the lower skin

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »
3 steps forward 2 steps back  ordering parts--making brackets-- sending parts back to get changes made---racer stuff!! cutting grinding---nothing that stands out---

Offline jdincau

« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2012, 10:41:44 PM »
3 steps forward 2 steps back  ordering parts---- sending parts back to get changes made---

A pal of mine has a quote regarding speed equipment and the fitting thereof;

"It's just a bolt on accessory"
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #578 on: June 01, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
  Sparky,
    I always used to like the bolt on speed parts that you got in the 50's from J.C. Whitney. The last line was always:"Some modification required". Followed by:" Not returnable if modified". Keep plugging along, it's looking good.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #579 on: June 01, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »
Geeze  they just don't make these " bolt on parts"  the way they used to  spent the last day changing out my dry sump pan form the deep drag race one to the shallow one---guess what---they put two of the pick up tubes under the rods and not under the mains and they HIT!!  I will contact the manufacture Monday and see if they will make it right---
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:00:37 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #580 on: June 03, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
Brackett racing at its finest:
Water pump bracket by the rear axle
Fire bottle actuator knobs brackets each side of driver
Eng Fire bottle mounted over the radiator in the box
Shift lever built and mounted---not finalized
Fuel shut off cable mounting ---"noodled"
nap
last 1/3 of Nascar race  :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #581 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »
Great news John at Aviaid is going to furnish me with a new pan --I pay the freight both ways ---seems like I must have a NOS as he had changed the pickup tubes several years ago when everyone started putting longer and longer strokes in these things what would work with a 4" stroke will not work with a 4.25

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #582 on: June 05, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
Ya could have just noched the rods...  :roll:
We still like to see pictures of "not much going on regular stuff" digital film is cheap
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #583 on: June 05, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
#3 rod notcher  :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #584 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »
SPECIAL  EDITION  :wink: for SS#1 
Jhon came over early and stayed to 3:30  we bent some lower frame rails for one of his projects--which will be neat and I look forward to following it
He installed the vertical fire bottles and drilled the holes in the fire wall for the cables and we worked on lots of other small little things
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:16:47 PM by SPARKY »