Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097190 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: The Thud Spud
« Reply #435 on: March 17, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
here they are Jon---between my CRS and my usb port acting up  I FORGOT!!! sorry for the delay!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:54:23 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Jon

« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »
Thanks Sparky.

Is 9 point a requirement for you?
We run the same rules with a year delay, our rules say 7 point but we will be on a new book before I get close to finished.

Thanks
Jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »
not quite yet-- but is hardly added anything to the cost---they grew out of the fact that with the head and neck device the straps need to come off it at 90---so it no longer pulled one down into the crotch straps..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Jon

« Reply #438 on: March 17, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »
Thanks, I will as Bob Stroud about them when I order my belts, he seems to be the only supplier that recertifies belts and he was pretty helpful when working through my chute requiquirements.

We only run once a year, I'm going to keep all my safety kit including harness & chute in a Pelican Case or similar that is airtight to keep them decent.

jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #439 on: March 19, 2012, 12:47:04 AM »
T-M  when we weld the tabs in I will try to remember to take picts of all attachment points. Andy and I noodled some more about the shifters and such in this car----will have to be creative with out any LIQUID calories---- between the 3 of us we are going to have to loose a combined 100 lbs.  :cry:

they Mayor's reference about Allisons "LSR is a lifestyle"---well to do LSR in this new car we are going to have to HAVE a lifestyle change  :cry:  this thing is going to be TIGHT  the exhaust will be a challenge as well as fitting US in!!  so much for wanting to be fast----we will do it we do want to be fast!!

Offline Tman

« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »
That would be nice Sparky, thanks!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #441 on: March 20, 2012, 02:22:44 AM »
We got a note from Woody today saying that he was working on our final config.--- this is his teaser   :-)

This is pretty close to what we think we are trying to build---

I read in an AERO book one time that an open wheel car has 40-60 of the total drag in the tires---with the help of Woody and his CFD, opinions of Pork Pie and several others, and the input over the years of many we think we have a good results  64% of total drag in wheels and tires---that is with no body air leaks:

But as Joe Amo and so many others have said its just a dream untill you put it on: "The Great White DYNO" 

Here's to August and a possible visit with "the Mayor"  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:56:46 AM by SPARKY »

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
Sparky;

You can increase that percentage even more if you run big wide tires.  :-D

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #443 on: March 20, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
Sparky;

You can increase that percentage even more if you run big wide tires.  :-D

67.7% with MT's on the back!  :-(
Sparky, has Neil been spying on us?  :? :-D

I wish GY & MT would give us 3D models of the tires at speed. Me thinks they are not really so round!  :-o

Sparky has agreed and I will do some articles for BRN about his project and we'll leak some stuff here, too! So stay tuned!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #444 on: March 20, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
Sparky,
Many thanks for lettings us see the results of some of Woody's work. Couple of questions about the latest: 1. Are the small rear facing ducts that I see just above the rear axle fairing your exhaust outlets? 2. Your axle fairings, both front and rear extend past the rear of the wheel, any thoughts of ducting some air through the fairing and to the back of the wheel to fill the void that is there? It is going to be a really great looking car you will need to really work on body fit and smoothness to keep the friction drag down to take full advantage of that great shape.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445 on: March 20, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
Correct on the exhaust Rex , Woody and I think that we will build them in such a way that we can "Play in that area"---bottom line  we will make them moveable to change the angle of attack because in that area he could not make them very effective other than fairings but he did get some down force out of them

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #446 on: March 20, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
T M  as soon as the batt in the camera charges, we will post the belt attachments

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »
Joey and I had a good day in the shop---we installed the chute anchor attachment and push bar anchor
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:48:06 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #448 on: March 21, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
from rear:
the upper bar is for 8-9 upper or outside straps that are at 90 degres to spine,

the lower bar is for the 3-4 underneath or inner shoulder straps that pull you into your crotch straps.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:16:37 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #449 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:06 AM »
Drivers box:
# 1 is the 7 strap attachment point that keeps the lap belt from riding up off you hips on this car we but it between our heels because of our very reclined position

# 2 shows the attachment point for the new out side 8-9 straps that come over the Head & Neck restraint on top of the 3-4 shoulder straps then down at a 90 angle to your spine

#3 shows lower tube that we will attach the 3-4 shoulder straps to the upper tube is the attach point for the 8-9 outside or upper shoulder straps that pull you in to your 5-6 crotch straps.

#4 shows the attachment tab points  at  the hip bone, for the 1-2 lap belts and the 5-6 crotch straps
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:13:06 AM by SPARKY »