Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097258 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: The Thud Spud
« Reply #420 on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:34 AM »
Yeah I knew he left here a long time ago. Boy talk about out of the frying pan into the fire, literally. :evil:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:20:01 AM by SPARKY »
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
We had a grat day in the shop yesterday, Dave came at 8 and we got started on the frt axle---we have the piolt holes drilled thru the frt plate and we will soon be able to attach it, John Showed up and started wire brushing all the wells---Joey wasn't able to come but unannounced Marty called, he is a certified welder and and builds off road racers---he welded until 7 pm we have 90% of the welding done my computer is either under attack or the gremlins are alive and well----it can't find my usb port :? ---hence still no picts---

I know I know lame excuses :roll:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
once more I am Bailed Out by John  :-o

John sent a couple he took yesterday
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »
update

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
Thats alllll folks   8-)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
Wow, fast and very good looking!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
FAST  it took us a year to get to this point!!  :|

The next thing that I will do is noodle out the battery box and vertical that the push bar and chute attachments anchor to. After that I will install all of the harness attachment points and the seat backs. I am dancing around trying to be responsible enough to file my taxes---hopefully enough left over to pay order the rest of the parts and buy enough alum to finish skinning the FPD
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:26:16 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »
I understand the YEAR part!!!!!! Looking good!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #428 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »
Well last night Andy and I crawled in with the helment and marked our Shoulders, hip bones, and bottom of our feet without the SFI 20--

Sat we will put the 20 suit on and do the same thing; this 9 point is slightly different as to how one runs the shoulder belts. I have roughed out the "seat back" and we have to trim 3" off the upper back so that the belts pull off our shoulders at a 90 with the "HYbrid" on.

I think that TB would be happy "these peas" are not going to have much room to "rattle" around in this rattle trap---refers to the sounds of the car when on roll out after the eng is shut down!! :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:58:07 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Sparky, can you post good pictures and details of your 9pt belt set up as you do them?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »
Sure, the bottom line is the shoulder belt, "inner" that is between your body and the outer harness, job is to pull you, parallel to your spine down "into" your crotch belts, and the outer belts pulls back or against the seat back at  almost 90 degs. to your spine. 

When done like this you have virtually no torso movement at all,  hence the repeated warning make sure you place your controls with in reach!!! :-P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:34:45 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Jon

« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »
That is a seriously strong looking frame Sparky, must be happy with it?

I must be a bit steady, there is 4 shoulder harness straps?
2 that pull back (horizontal) and 2 that pull down (90 degrees to your setback angle)?

A while ago I asked about the joiners that you were putting in the bars above your motor, would you have a link or pics please?

Thanks
jon

Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2012, 03:36:01 PM »
will do!!
coming

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »
notice over and under

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #434 on: March 17, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
The strap is pulled straight back and the one on top now is the 180 strap---it pushes you down into the crotch strap  it keeps you from rising up into the back and top of the cage.

3-18-12 update: 
Andy and I spent a good bit of time in the car fully SFI 20 "Suited" yesterday--the two faint black lines indicate non HANS and with the Hybrid Pro on; we will be trimming the upper seat back and devising a removable insert for the space left open for our hands to be able to adjust the shoulder harness.

When we trim this we will consider putting both straps behind this seat back---what will change will be the attachment points of the two straps---we have the 180 strap bar installed---we have not decided on the 90 yet but we can after yesterdays session.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:46:21 AM by SPARKY »