Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097519 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: The Thud Spud
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
Rob some times it feels like 3 forward and 2 back  but we try to keep after it and get something done each week.

We had out of town drop by-- Francis. Andy came over and later Marty dropped off the almost completed "radiator in a box" done today and I showed him the new welder and Plasma cutter. We also discussed some options on the heating coil we will put in the dry sump tank.

2-22-12  you can see the weld in the tank where they inserted the blocking tab that makes it into a 2 pass.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:39:16 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »
Well---the lesson of the day is----ta da--- Most of the race stuff has 5/16 dia. rods on their master cyls and most of the street rod stuff has 3/8  so I now need to make or find me a 5/16" female to 3/8" male adapter to make the brakes work.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
Rex, do you have any renderings of the Thud Spud with the wild weasel nose? It would be good to look at the both with renderings from the sane angle.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #378 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:48 PM »
Thanks for those pictures, looks like you have a rad mounted between two boxes?

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #379 on: February 21, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
Rex, do you have any renderings of the Thud Spud with the wild weasel nose? It would be good to look at the both with renderings from the sane angle.

pretty sure that angle is not available. :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #380 on: February 21, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
Lol! I meant same angle! We all have come I the conclusion that there is no sanity here on this forum.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »
T-man  It is a 2 pass radiator in a box with an internal baffle, that makes the water cross through, go up, then back through before exiting.  We haven't installed the bungs yet for the cooling water in, the heated water out or the pump out bung for taking the water out for warming up the eng. 

We will also have a heated water line from under the thermostat to go through the dry sump tank to heat the oil and then back to the intake side of the water pump.  We may or may not run a second thermostat in that line to close it off when its up to temp.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:54:45 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
ok, is this what you were wanting to see?

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
Woody,
Is the red spot just in front of the rear tires where the salt is going to stick to the body??

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »
Woody,
Is the red spot just in front of the rear tires where the salt is going to stick to the body??

Rex

:-D :-D :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #385 on: February 22, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
Sparky let me know, confidentially, that he's planning a water misting in that area.  He figures by the two, the salt build-up will streamline the back wheels and add 10 MPH.  He'll kick it off on the way to Impound.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2012, 05:26:53 PM »
Teflon "Salt no Stickem"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:28:52 PM by SPARKY »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #387 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
Whitewalls?   Cool!   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #388 on: February 22, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
 :-D  If the white walls are waxed with carnuba it is possible to reduce air drag by an undocumented amount!  (some old codger told me this my first trip to the Salt)
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline rd400f

• New folks
« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
ok, is this what you were wanting to see?

Hi
What software are you using to do your sim's?
Flow Simulation from Solidworks ?
Thanks
Richard