Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097222 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Rat-a-Tack AA/GL>aka >> The Texas Tater>>> The Thud Spud
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
FF probabaly said a little NITRO will overcome ALL!!  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »
WE have had a good week!  Andy's buggy now resides over in his car which has had an Aggie conversion  it now again hold 2 cars its amazing what one can get rid of when one is motivated.  Dave has rejoined our efforts, he and I noodled out a dry sump tank yesterday that he will build at his house, we started on the fire bottle placement but had a small clearance issue because the car owner forgot about such small things as fire bottle bracket thickness  :-o !
Joey had a good day welding while John made some lower tubes.

Then John and I made a steel run to get the 12 guage for the fire wall and 4 sticks of tubing for a roll cage for his car.

We then built the rear hoop and two side hoops for his car. He had an intresting pattern.  He built the pattern out of 1/2" electrical conduit.  His technique was to build a bend that fit the car as tight as he wished, with a little extra length on the legs. after he had a bend for each corner he then cut and joined the the legs for the perfect outside profile then we duplicated the bend angles and leg lenghts to the exact profile-----REMEMBER to compensate for the incrased width.  John bent his inside the outer wall of the car by 1" because he used 1/2 and we bent up 1 3/4 ew.  We went to great lengths to put the ew "stripe" exactly centered under the "set screw" that holds the tubing in the die---made it much easier to keep all the bend inthe same plane and it lay flat on the ground when we were through.  YEAH
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:12 PM »
In honor of the good Dr. G's camera gift

Offline Tman

« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
Looking good, can you describe your tank arraingment?

Offline Jon

« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
Very nice Sparky

Are the 2 rails above the motor removable?

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »
The Fuel tank natrual color fuel cell that is a 12.5 gallon cap. that we will have to plug the hole in what is now a side. we will put the fill cap, return & vent line on what was and end. We will put the course filter inside of the tank and the final filter between the fuel pump and the Pressure regulator. 

The Alum tank is the radiator in a box with its cooling water behind the rear axle.

On the other side of it will be a dry sump tank that will be rectangular holding up to 20 qts of oil. will be run with min of 12 up depending where and what eng configuration.

The upper two and the dr. side mid bar will be removable as will be the nose cone and the bottom panel behind the rear axle.

Offline Tman

« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
The Fuel tank natrual color fuel cell that is a 12.5 gallon cap. that we will have to plug the hole in what is now a side. we will put the fill cap, return & vent line on what was and end. We will put the course filter inside of the tank and the final filter between the fuel pump and the Pressure regulator. 

The Alum tank is the radiator in a box with its cooling water behind the rear axle.

On the other side of it will be a dry sump tank that will be rectangular holding up to 20 qts of oil. will be run with min of 12 up depending where and what eng configuration.

The upper two and the dr. side mid bar will be removable as will be the nose cone and the bottom panel behind the rear axle.

I would have guessed opposite, must be a poly boat tank from some place like Overton's?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
Jazz  :-D Blank  I have to plug the mold hole and cut all the rest

Picts: took my handy circle cutter that I think I have picts in Special tools section and cut me a 28" circle out of 12 guage for the firewall

Offline Tman

« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:42 PM »
Progress is good. Thanks for the details. The brown Santa just dropped off my front axle, pics after 5 :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
I am also waiting for Brown Santa the front hubs that Mourer Machien is shipping! We will soon be doing the DREADED brackett racing---ie bracket for this brackett for that!!!! :-P

Offline Tman

« Reply #325 on: January 20, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »
I am also waiting for Brown Santa the front hubs that Mourer Machien is shipping! We will soon be doing the DREADED brackett racing---ie bracket for this brackett for that!!!! :-P

Got my hubs done this week as well. Curious how you plan to mount your front axle as you can see in my last post on my thread?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
Brown Santa brought the hubs today---unwrap them Sat ---we will take picts of where we are putting the frt axle.  Ordered 4 port fuel pressuer reg. and Brake shoes today. 

Also talked to Marshal Guages today they have a guage series that are programable to some extent. I am looking at aa 30" vacum guage for the dry sump system that MAY be able to generate a signal at a predetermind setting to keep up with the HEALTH of the rings.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
Sparky you're cruising right along! :cheers:

The build is great-I just wish you's post a few more pics for us beginners- but I'm not complaining!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2012, 10:50:40 PM »
The Thought for the day :?  Marty brought a friend of his down to see the car---Brent walked up and down and then around it---then said:

--Well it sorta reminded him of a female pleasure device :-o
Well I don't know if we will have a female driver or not but I can pretty sure guarantee you that I can name of sevrval guys that T3  (The Texas Tater) will put a smile on their face!!  and hopefully a hat on their head!!

Offline Tman

« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2012, 12:28:54 AM »
The Thought for the day :?  Marty brought a friend of his down to see the car---Brent walked up and down and then around it---then said:

--Well it sorta reminded him of a female pleasure device :-o
Well I don't know if we will have a female driver or not but I can pretty sure guarantee you that I can name of sevrval guys that T3  (The Texas Tater) will put a smile on their face!!  and hopefully a hat on their head!!

Female? I think we have grounds for a new non-PC name for the PENETRATOR! :-D Sorry, the Rabbit is taken.