Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097371 times)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: Rat-a-Tack AA/GL>aka the>>>>> Texas Thud Spud
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
Have a Merry Christmas, Sparky!

If you get a new camera for Christmas, you could post pics of those new fangled beer cans! :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »
Just to show you how convoluted (engineering term for perverted?) life can be some times - I am currently doing some CFD simulations for a company involving a new can lid design that should be to market in 9 months to a year. Who would have thought it could benefit LSR beyond the obvious fluid flow into the participants!   :-o :? :-o :?

I did some work for them two years ago regarding the adhesives that seals the cans & lids and they were able to get a patent so you are already getting CFD benefits in a very important aspect of your lives!!  :-D :-D

I will try to get permission later to show youse guys! So stay tuned!  :cheers:

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
I have a new camera courtsey of the good Dr. G  and I have learned to use it!  Picts will follow when we have things to document!! :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »
Wow ---here we go ---we get to reinvent ourselves and be whomever we wish to be!! :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Tman

« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2011, 11:15:07 PM »
Wow ---here we go ---we get to reinvent ourselves and be whomever we wish to be!! :cheers:

Not unless you post the pictures! :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2011, 12:26:56 PM »
WE are almost done with the Dune Buggy---we got a big scare when we created smoke but we only scorched a small ground wire before we found the culprit! Will be on the Lakester BIG TIME after the first of the year!

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
Dune buggy?!

What class does that run in? :evil:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »
The way Sparky builds wheeled vehicles, it's probably for the 150mph club.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »
NOPE  :-D this is Andy's hunting buggy 1600 cc 1 barrel carb

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2011, 10:17:01 PM »
NOPE  :-D this is Andy's hunting buggy 1600 cc 1 barrel carb

:cheers: Have a Happy New Year!  :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Rat-a-Tack AA/GL>aka >> The Texas Tater>>> The Thud Spud
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
well I spent the day making list of parts to buy and machinist things to wish for----I am sure glad that ENCO, and the like have pictures because I do not have a very deep knowledge of what most Machinist things are called, sort of like ChiCom arithmetic.

I finally found out that I can buy an adapter plate so that I can mount an 8" chuck to my 10" rotaty table and I need to by a couple of # 2 Morse taper,  dead centers and I can cut my splines and such with my new finds---picts to follow.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2012, 08:19:49 PM »
Well in keeping with the new year I am going to try to honor Dr. G gift of the camera by posting more!!

I have taken picts of the starter housing that will have to be narrowed to clear the fh lower frame rail

Also a picture of the new Carb we will be running.  This will be our first time without EFI    :roll:  we will have to learn more that playing with fuel pressure to tune..might be hard for an Aggie to learn.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2012, 09:27:48 AM »
Well in our quest for speed we may have, come up with the ultimate diet incentive  just to be able to get in the car.

We coped the rh side of the dr compartment tacked them, tried to get in.  With roll bar padding and the 20 fire suit and inner pannels it is going to be intresting to get ALL of the necessary stuff in there---well I guess that is what beer is made for-- biengeneering and noodling this stuff out!  :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
We recieved our number #1 Christmas package today  new chutes from Stroud a high speed and a low speed with his new launcher system that requires  a 3" and a 6" tube

Offline Tman

« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
We recieved our number #1 Christmas package today  new chutes from Stroud a high speed and a low speed with his new launcher system that requires  a 3" and a 6" tube

Pictures or it did not happen! :-D