Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097419 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Rat-a-Tack AA/GL
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
we are bring some gears & tires for export.  A big cooler, cots and digital cameras to record any other IDEAS that may help us go faster!  John and I will be living the "homeless LSR guys" bend in the road bum style of race meet!!!

We will be especially shopping for exhaust Ideas.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:42:09 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
We have been noodling the exhaust we are thinking of a werid tri-y 2  2.25 x 2.5 out  these go into a FLAT 2.5x 6" collector that has the center open to form an extractor exhaust to move hot air out of the Ehaust Box around the exhaust port area  trying to cool with out being in the "AIR"
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »
we are bring some gears & tires for export.  A big cooler, cots and digital cameras to record any other IDEAS that may help us go faster!  John and I will be living the "homeless LSR guys" bend in the road bum style of race meet!!!

We will be especially shopping for exhaust Ideas.

Being employed in the Homeless welfare sector makes me somewhat of an expert in the field Bill, I will be bringing you some medicine , trust me it will cure all and any ills.Might even fix your exhaust. :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »
Sparky,
As a veteran member of the "Bend in the Road Homeless LSR" fraternity we should make an attempt to get together with Doc Gog and try some of his special medicine from the "deep" south. I'll bet it ain't bad. The Doc and I can go a couple of rounds on how low you should make your lakester too!!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2011, 06:24:03 PM »
Yesterday Joey and I made the battery basher and tacked in the lower rails  the upper rails will take some work with a die grinder!  After hearing stories racers of encountering timing light batteries that lurk behind the mile markers we decied we wanted a solid plate for a nose and the entire lower part of the cage will be covered with 1/4 plate.  Thanks to Mr. Burklands suggeston, the foot box will be much smaller than the prior car.

Thanks to John McKnight, a team member for much of the help and the Photos!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:31:13 PM by SPARKY »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
Looking Good! Looks like with those hoops, you'll have the ability for several engine choices.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2011, 09:54:01 AM »
This thing is larger than I would really like,  but yes we are designing and building for SEVERAL OPTIONS! :cheers:  I do not think a R2800 would go in there though :-P

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:06 AM »
That "deep south medicine" should be real good if aged in the truck all the way to Bonneville.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2011, 07:47:37 AM »
Spent 2 hrs in the shop last night coping the  (hopefully  :| ) frt Hoop.  Wow what a s l o w messy process when you are doing it with cut off wheels and grinder ugh

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2011, 09:33:36 PM »
We made a new tool to help with the notching, and things went faster! 

See  HOW TO section----Home made tubing notcher.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:47:48 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Opps, for got one!!!

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
That's not for the claustrophobic, is it? :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Spent 2 hrs in the shop last night coping the  (hopefully  :| ) frt Hoop.  Wow what a s l o w messy process when you are doing it with cut off wheels and grinder ugh

I reckon I "passed" a few llbs of that dust building our frame, I know I picked about half a ton of it out of my nose....as a friend said years ago   "the best thing about welding and grinding is it gives you a great thirst for beer, and something to do ( nose-picking) while you're at it." :-D

anyway, looks like you'll be doing some yoga............

After hearing stories racers of encountering timing light batteries that lurk behind the mile markers we decied we wanted a solid plate for a nose and the entire lower part of the cage will be covered with 1/4 plate

Our floor is 1/4 our drivers compartment is plated in with checkerplate , we were mainly worried about the radius rods in a real serious upset but stuff like the batteries is a good point...a battery hitting that at 300mph would be something .....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:08:23 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »
Dr;

Grinding dust is not to be taken lightly. Breathing it in can give you lung problems that are really serious. After getting a big dose of dust a few years ago and feeling like I had a case of pneumonia, I became a stromg advocate of wearing dust masks. 3M makes very good ones; they look a little like the hardware store variety and cost a little more but they WORK.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:23 PM »
John just sent over some more picts- after all of the days efforts!!  We will be building the back behind the rear axle untill we will no longer need the center string and plumb bobs---then we will see if we can get the frt nose piece ON and the Canopy cut open---before we do any more than hard tacks up front.  It would be good to know if we can get the ole girls dress on---we hope it fits like LYCRA!!  lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:48:26 PM by SPARKY »