Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097469 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Rat-a-Tack AA/GL
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »
Couple comments . . .

They're using the "un-aero" 23-25 body.

Some of the modifications can only be applied to MR, CC, L and S classes.

And really awesome (hate that word, but it fits here) performance.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »
If you noticed in the pics that Mike has posted the car is in impound! They seem to speed a lot of time there. As for the "un aero" 23 body, if you talk to them they have some good reasons to use this body and maybe it is not as "un aero" as we think. I just think that this car is a case of not following the leader and doing what everyone else is doing, at that point it all gets down to horse power. These guys did some real "thinking outside the box" and have a pile of records to show for it. I have the feeling that Sparky's new piece will be the same.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »
Rex,  that may be hard to live up to  :-P  but at least this time it will not look like a BOX   :cheers: 

I really thought about call this thing "TxAz CeeCar"  as a play on words of the original Texas Cigar that I saw stored in the rafters of a airplane hangar at Stormy Mangum's Airport in the late sixties. But being the coward that I am i decided that I wasn't brave enough to show up in inspection with new TX flag colored race car.  lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »
Sparky, you could of went with an earlier Texas flag, and found out who knew their history! :evil:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
The Burnet Flag of 1836, inspired by the first Florida flag.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 07:15:58 PM »
The Burnet Flag of 1836, inspired by the first Florida flag.  Tony

:cheers: :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »
we are getting closer we are getting the spacial relationships worked out:

frt axle to hoop 84"

hoop to rear mtr plate 70.5"  this is big enough if we ever want to run a Trailblazer motor.

rear mtr plate to axle cl 62"

rear axle to end of car 72"  so that we can still haul it on my 20' flat bed
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:36:43 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
You guys sure don't waste any time- it's looking real good!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
Sparky,
Don't let the length of your trailer dictate the design of your lakester. I knew a guy that had a streamliner that needed to have the body extended in the rear, but it would not fit his trailer then. He spent big piles of money with a "big name" motor guy and never went any faster. He sold it and the next guy extended the tail and went over 400. He didn't worry about how long his trailer was.

Looking at your basic layout it appears that the tail of your car is going to be something along the lines of flatten cylinder which will provide you with a type of tail fin. If this is the plan I think you are on the right trail.

Rex

Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »
Rex this is Pork Pies  first efforts ---thanks PP for your help

The helmet just gives cockpit  indication don't expect any of the cage to be above
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:42:37 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Crosley

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
that blue t-400 transmittin and GV unit looks familair

8-)
Tony in AZ...

"If you find yourself in a ditch.... let up on the throttle"

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
It Should  :cheers: Thanks again Tony
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:33:17 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 11:35:09 PM »
A great day of bingiengineering---played with the hoops and noodled out a lot of stuff including a few BLs  John and I will Attack the noodling Sun am

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Great day Sunday we moved the lower frame tubes out a bunch to clear the Trans Shield and make the Dry Sump lines easier to deal with.  :-P this week hope to modify the mid plate some more to drop the Eng another 1- 1.5 " made possible by the thinner dry sump oil pan ---may give up some ponies but dry to keep the carb/ air intake system minimal.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2011, 11:13:03 AM »
WOW what a difference 3 years can make :-o

Marsh Racing Wheels in Ark.  now is very up to speed on LSR Wheels just ordered new 15x4.5 with 3.25" offset to minimize the scrub radius.  They also now stock MOON tabs and LSR Valves Stems so that one call does all!!

They did say that they have had to start shipping one wheel per box because of UPS concerns.

What a great bunch of guys!!