Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1101697 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
Extreme Velocity 4500 series carb hat with homemade spacer

TMan I bought the hat and the C&S carb from Gordon at the same time as a package for some discount from Gordon.

he also has several versions of 4150 series
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:44:23 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #946 on: February 22, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
The carb hat combo are pure hotrod. Beautiful parts.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #947 on: February 22, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »
Need to add sparkles to that bundgee, it make it go fast. :-D Gotta say I don't beleive I seen a carb that looked so simple on the outside.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #948 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »
Cap'n T might be because its just a throttle body  :-o

Well Brown Santa showed up at 5:13pm this afternoon---it was not like I wasn't waiting on him or anything, but I had the hand truck sitting out front.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:16:40 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #949 on: February 22, 2013, 11:12:43 PM »
Talk'n bout dis....

Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SteveM

« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
Now THAT's a work of art. :-o

Steve
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #951 on: February 23, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »
Cap'nT,   :-o  I suspect that C&S must buy the bodies from Holley as raw blanks, and they make their own "blocks" and at the hp. range we eventually hope to reach we had to go with the dual needle seat float bowls.  Gordon at Superior manufactures and sells to several aftermarket carb. modification companes that build higher hp. carbs the require much larger amounts of fuel to the bowls.

Gordon really recomended at least a 2" spacer for a "calming" plenumun area above the carb.  That spacer is also necessary if one wants to run the hat straight back or forward with "factory single needle valve bowls".  Both Hooley and I are planning on running the hat straight.

I am going to have to swap my "blocks" front to back because I am mounting my carb backwards with the fuel lines on the drivers side of the car because of some extensions that I am not familiar with that are installed because of G load fuel sloshing that we really do not have to deal with but because they are installed we need to put them pointing to the rear.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:41:53 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #952 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
Cap'nT,   :-o  I suspect that C&S must buy the bodies from Holley as raw blanks, and they make their own "blocks" and at the hp. range we eventually hope to reach we had to go with the dual needle seat float bowls.  Gordon at Superior manufactures and sells to several aftermarket carb. modification companes that build higher hp. carbs the require much larger amounts of fuel to the bowls.

Gordon really recomended at least a 2" spacer for a "calming" plenumun area above the carb.  That spacer is also necessary if one wants to run the hat straight back or forward with "factory single needle valve bowls".  Both Hooley and I are planning on running the hat straight.

I am going to have to swap my "blocks" front to back because I am mounting my carb backwards with the fuel lines on the drivers side of the car because of some extensions that I am not familiar with that are installed because of G load fuel sloshing that we really do not have to deal with but because they are installed we need to put them pointing to the rear.

Just started my Saturday coffee, going to have to read this one a few times as I know it pertains to what we are doing! :oops: :? :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #953 on: February 23, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
Tman,  I will try my best to answer and questions I may have created.

look into 169012 BW turbos they are extremely cheap new, compressors can be modified and they have optional turbine housings.

Compressor 63.5mm in   91.4mm exd
Turbine       83.5mm in   74.0mm exd  with a 110 A/R housing

I guess these  BWs that are normally on 60 series 11.1L and 12.7 L engs are really cheap and cores are so plentiful because so many just buy new ones instead of rebuilding them.

The turbo guys love to sell these things aparently because with the small 64MM compressor inducer and the fairly large turbine it is fairly hard to get these into surge with a smaller eng. and they will still produce  50-70 pounds per minute, with the right displacement combo.

On a 325 cuin with a 67 inducer a pair of these will deliver over 100ppm  with a compressor exit temp. of 375 deg. a B'ville on a 90 deg.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:31:08 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #954 on: February 23, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »
Well one of my fellow belly tankers over a Liberty Garage sent me a little care package today. I think he felt sorry for me or he was trying to protect the public immage of ALL of us belly tankers.  It seems that he just could not stand it that I could not master hinge paper dolls!!

Note how these cute little puppies first move ''baaack" then up!!

Steve there will "Liberty Garage" on the flanks of the Wild Weasel in 24" letters, you may have trouble finding them--- but they will be there!!!!  lol
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:38:34 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #955 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »
Those hinges work well, made by Sachse Rod SHop in Texas. We used them on a Chevy fleetline trunk. The need some help laterally when open, they can wobble a bit. Your canopy should be much better than a big decklid .

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #956 on: February 27, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »
Bill, you've got a PM regarding boost control stuff.  Come to think of it, I think I owe Tman a phone call about boost control stuff too...
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Tman

« Reply #957 on: February 27, 2013, 03:51:49 PM »
Bill, you've got a PM regarding boost control stuff.  Come to think of it, I think I owe Tman a phone call about boost control stuff too...

You do :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #958 on: February 28, 2013, 09:37:34 AM »
lol

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #959 on: March 02, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
Tim and Roger, of Classic AA/BG Red Camaro fame,  came by yesterday and picked me up, we went to Cholla to see Al Eshenbach new "TANK" Lakester it is a tank because of how heavy it is built--- not the body covering ---Al and his love of early Chryslers and FUEL will be continued. This is so fun to watch and SEE.  He keeps giving me grief about when am I going to get me a REAL race motor and get away from those weak A-- truck motors!!!

We picked up Bill and Al and the 5 of us went to Fish Friday at Cracker Barrel!  We had a great lunch with Tim and Roger telling their transition stories from Rookies to 1 1/2 Red hats above 250 mph.