Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1105090 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #930 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:13 PM »
Sparky, get a hold of me next time you need something. I will take care of you, if I can not make a price, I will straight out tell you. My main warehouse is one of the biggies. One of the main reason I am getting back into the parts business is crappy customer service I have seen from many vendors.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #931 on: February 14, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »
Good one Tman. I'm sure the guys will support you.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #932 on: February 14, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
We went with the slightly smaller 171702  not as much Hp with the 500 in motors but can run them as A  and B motors they will realy shine with displacments in the mid 400 cu in range.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline FlybyFord

• New folks
« Reply #933 on: February 18, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
New here and I really enjoy this build in particular...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #934 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
Welcome if you FlybyFord does that mean you own a TriMotor??  :-D

Glad you enjoyed the build, just curious what intrested you the most

John and I spent 2.5 hours yesterday just trying to outsmart paper--cutting out paperdoll hinges for the canopy.  I now may try to take on alum. pattern

---we better get back on it-- ordered 2 each of the Godspeed 50MM bov and wastegates I had 1 bov but 50MM are only rated for 500 hp each---the guy at BW said to make sure you had enough capacity.  I am planning on putting 2 on the intercooler plenum where the two turbos enter and 1 by the carb hat.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline DND

« Reply #935 on: February 18, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
Hi Sparky

What is a 50mm bov?

Thanks, Don

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #936 on: February 18, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
bov = blow off valve

Pete

Offline Tman

« Reply #937 on: February 18, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
Sparky, I have a picture of Andrew Welkers hinge system on his canopy laying here on the bench. I could send it to you if it would help?

Offline DND

« Reply #938 on: February 18, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »
Thanks Pete

As i recall they used to call them ' Pop off valves ' in the 70's

Don

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #939 on: February 18, 2013, 11:37:23 PM »
T Man---all help welcome post the picts for all if you do not mind---thanks

Offline Tman

« Reply #940 on: February 19, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »
I will have to see hwere they are, he sent them to me on the HAMB I think? I will repost them.

Actually I printed them of his thread!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314787&highlight=awelker&page=8
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:26:32 AM by Tman »

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #941 on: February 19, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »
Something like an older trunk hinge?

Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #942 on: February 20, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »
Thanks C T,  something like that is what I have been trying to do but I "think" my issues are that part of my little pilot house extends below the surface and I am not getting the conflict of arcs--lol  just like a lot of other things I don't get   :-P

Brown Santa and the turbos are on the move--The Turbos have escaped Il. --made a scheduled stage change in Mo.,  picked up fresh horses in Ks scheduled to be here Fri.  we will be busy, busy, busy very soon!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #943 on: February 21, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »
Pretty, Pretty, look at it, ain't  it purty--  :roll: lol 

Well it finally got here  the C&S 1025 blow through  purchased form Gordon at Superior Airflow; it should be good to a litttle over 1500.  I will be amazed if we work it up to over 1200 this season.  We have a lot to learn; thanks to all who are helping with the continuing ADULT education program.  If we are successful it will be because so many were unselfish with their insights, knowledge and help.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:42:54 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #944 on: February 21, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »
What are you doing for a carb hat?