Landracing Forum Home
December 18, 2017, 12:17:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 166   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 437261 times)
38flattie

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2011, 06:18:20 AM »

Sounds like fun, Sparky!

Gotta love Santa....

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:15 AM »

actually Linda---the parts check signer in the most revered member of the household  smiley

Miss LIBERTY,  changing TKI  to noise, dust and RUST!!!

The # 1 issue is: TO KEEP THE REPUBLIC      
   Center for Self Governance            tncsg.org     mrspowell.org

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller
38flattie

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »

Barb, in my household!

Hmmm, why is Santa always a man on TV? Lol!

Your project looks and sounds like it's coming along great! cheers

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »

Woody and I had a great visit this morning via phone---we agreed that there should not be any more needed changes to the major frame members.  The bay between the rear axle and the eng will not have any diagonals for a while as we are still exploring the exhaust placement. We are taking a Christmas break but we should have the frame off the jig by mid Jan and rolling around on the floor doing the final welding.

Then on to the most  "exciting"  rolleyes part of LSR, bracket racing  cry  making bracket after bracket to mount everthing  but that is one of the joys of Special Construction "packaging".

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller
38flattie

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »

Sparky, do you plan on having it on the salt in 2012?

SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »

That is our goal---we have one advantage---we are not having to "bingeineer" as much this time---and that is a good thing  we are all OVERWEIGHT and will need to slim down---thank goodness not to SSS profile!  cheers

Seldom Seen Slim
Administrator

Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!

« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

Yeah, yeah -- but just think how lousy it'd sound if I gained a bunch of weight.  They'd have to call me "Seldom Seen Lard-butt". shocked

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com
interested bystander

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2011, 09:23:34 PM »

38 flattie,

I'm a BIG fan of yours, especially after you whipped all the Road Runners @ the GoKart track, BUT . . .
dontcha know it's bad racing etiquette to ask a racer when it's gonna be done?

It took about five years and me spending some money with the late, great Jocko Johnson when I asked that when he was building the Allison streamliner before he'd speak to me.

Big Bucks, by the way - $250.00 for a porting job on my (later) Drag News 1320 record holding Dodge CF/MR heads. (I borrowed the money from my grandmother -true story).

5 mph in pit area (clothed)
38flattie

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »

Ooops!

No, Interested Bystander, I did not know it was bad racing etiquette!

Can I blame my trespass on being a noob- us roundy-rounders don't have have that etiquette rule!

Tman

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: December 12, 2011, 10:07:09 PM »

Ooops!

No, Interested Bystander, I did not know it was bad racing etiquette!

Can I blame my trespass on being a noob- us roundy-rounders don't have have that etiquette rule!

circle burners have ANY ettiquette? ha!

www.compulsionrodandcustom.com
Hotrod, racing and performance parts
RidgeRunner

Location: Ashfield, in the Territories of Western Massachusetts

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »

Interested Bystander,

A story went around back in the day that when Jocko was building the liner he got sick of people asking when so he put up a sign, "if you can't wait - donate".  Any truth to it?

Ed
SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2011, 12:38:45 AM »

geeezz  shocked  I think i will try that---well if som body just picked up the beer tab I could probabaly get more done!!!!

Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »

Sparky, buy newer beer, the new cans dont have tabs so you won't have to spend all your build time picking them up...  grin

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »

lol  cheers

SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »

In Texas for Christmas with Grands and kids---

how inspiring Rich Fox and Blake S. are

can't wait to get back to AZ  buy some more of the new fangled beer cans SS#1 made reference to and get back to work.  I should have at least 20 hours per week for the TTS project we are almost finished with Andy's Manx buggy and then we are on to faster things!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 166   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: