Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097323 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1305 on: September 08, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
We had a Phoenix flood today :-o ---i.e. it rained enough to run off the roof 8-)

These are pitiful shots to reflect how sore and beat up I feel  !!!!!!!11
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:43:14 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1306 on: September 09, 2013, 12:53:10 AM »
Is a Dutz fastener anything like a Dzus ('D' is silent) fastener (invented by Volodymyr Dzhus)?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:57:08 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1307 on: September 09, 2013, 09:01:07 AM »
Dzus---damm Jack, I just read the correct spelling and STILL could not get it right---thanks for the education---lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1308 on: September 09, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »
Sparky, just don't show up in a Zoot fire suit with Dzus buttons!  :-D :-D :-D That's a tange-toungler 10x real fast!  :cheers:

[http://www.ask.com/wiki/Zoot_suit?o=2801&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com]
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1309 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:52 AM »
SHEITMETAL  :-(

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1310 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
80% done 80% to go   now I understand special construction taking so long---you are constantly taking things off and putting them back on to see if things will clear :-(   and learning new skills because you are doing something for the first time it takes so long!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:02:33 PM by SPARKY »

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1311 on: September 10, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »
80% done 80% to go   now I understand special construction taking so long---you are constantly taking things off and putting them back on to see if things will clear :-(   an learning new skills because you are doing something for the first time it takes so long!!!!!!

Absolutely true, Bill!!!!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1312 on: September 11, 2013, 12:14:03 AM »
got the top panel finished today this will now all Dzus in around the air intake.  I made a little special tool today that will help a lot on installing the rest of the tabs will take picts tomorrow .

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1313 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »
Marty came by tonight and welded the new frt hoop and I got several more Dzus tabs installed.

double entry see below thanks to a untimely Windows update  oh the joys of Microsoft!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:41:40 AM by SPARKY »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1314 on: September 12, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »
Looking good, Sparky!

Going to add the turbos this winter, then?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1315 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »
Yes Buddy, I plan on finishing the turbo install this winter.  If we get a track I hope to long coarse qualify it and return my lisc to AA at least.

Was busy in the shop yesterday with sheet metal, but most of all Marty came by an welded in the new frt. hoop and gussies.

Francis, from Tucson, well actually Oro Valley, who built this great looking intake, is coming up today to check on my progress and help jump start the wiring job.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1316 on: September 12, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
Looking good, cant wait to see the progress in person

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1317 on: September 12, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »
I must be getting punch drunk about when I thought guys were going to show up---solo in shop today lots of little stuff---only thing worth posting is the battery mount---beside the right side of the block behind fuel pump area.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1318 on: September 12, 2013, 09:37:08 PM »
80% done 80% to go   now I understand special construction taking so long---you are constantly taking things off and putting them back on to see if things will clear :-(   and learning new skills because you are doing something for the first time it takes so long!!!!!!

It gives you new appreciation for mass produced vehicles that are easy to work on.....when I work on the grocery getter I temper my frustration by reminding myself that on the car I built I have to pull the engine to change the battery terminals.....well not quite , but almost......
I must be getting punch drunk about when I thought guys were going to show up---solo in shop today lots of little stuff---only thing worth posting is the battery mount---beside the right side of the block behind fuel pump area.

Speaking of which our old battery mount was one of our favorite little nick-nacks on the car......this year we put the battery uner the seat and the pretty little piece that used to hold it got ditched.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1319 on: September 13, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
Lord don't you just hate it when you create the stacked sequence of removals to get to something.  And sometimes try as you might one just ends up there.  :x