Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097228 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild Weasel a TRUE belly tanker
« Reply #1155 on: June 20, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »
GH--- they were an interesting part of 'nam-- their paint jobs will inspire my Wild Weasel.  My "belly tank" could have been there--it is my understanding it is a Ferry Tank that was used in 'nam as a time over target extender..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #1156 on: June 20, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »
Pork Pie, someday I hope to get that chance as you did.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1157 on: June 20, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
You would be correct Dr G I did them in my head while trying to imagine being strapped in, looking down the salt  :-D

latest when it became reality....you be strapped in....looking down the salt.....hear the real noise of the engine.....

.............you start to think.........WHAT THE HECK I'M DOING HERE............... :-D :cheers:
;

I used to think that when I was rappelling down into a deep cave. That was a while ago, though!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ ex- NSS 7676
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1158 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »
Wow---what a last few posts---lol-- bench race'n,  lyin, , sky diving, soaring, lyin , cavei'n. jet jockeys---well how about some pure bracket racing  another pretty good day doing mundane STUFF,,got an email notice my intake push rods have been shipped  we will be building the 509 SOON!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Tman

« Reply #1159 on: June 20, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »
You would be correct Dr G I did them in my head while trying to imagine being strapped in, looking down the salt  :-D

latest when it became reality....you be strapped in....looking down the salt.....hear the real noise of the engine.....

.............you start to think.........WHAT THE HECK I'M DOING HERE............... :-D :cheers:
;

I used to think that when I was rappelling down into a deep cave. That was a while ago, though!

You get that same thought 200 feet up on a frozen waterfall!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1160 on: June 21, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »
WHISKEY TALK!!!!!!!!!

Needed WHISKEY!!!!!  "More, MORE Whiskey"  ---Tom T Hall

WOW  What a journey--1st car 53 Dodge 6 with an OD!!! at 16 in 1958--it was 5 years old

At 71 ----    SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION "Wild WEASEL" ---ONLY a 275  MPH POTENTIAL  more speed difference!!

WHO would have thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:17:09 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1161 on: June 21, 2013, 01:41:44 AM »
First car was only two years old? :-o In contrast to my 18-year-old first car... :-(
I'll bet, though, that you wished it had the Red Ram 241 c.i. hemi, like the '53 I had later on!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #1162 on: June 21, 2013, 06:57:03 AM »
Pork Pie, someday I hope to get that chance as you did.

When you got enough patience you will get your chance.....speaking from own experience.....

.....and when you get the chance...use it...and make the best out of it....

I wish you the best to turn your dream into reality......

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #1163 on: June 21, 2013, 07:01:14 AM »

;

Neil,

I was a science potholer for a long time...had to step back in 1995......and some situations had me let think a lot of other things...... :roll: :|
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1164 on: June 23, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »
Jack  between beer and "tired"   I didn't work through the math---I started driving at 14 in Texas on a farm hardship------after wrecking two family cars for driving too fast my dad decided that I need to have my own and it need to be LOW powered---lol  bought if from the perverbial little ole lady school teacher!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:04:12 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1165 on: June 23, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »
canopy ---I hope this doesn't turn into as big a project as the turbos  I am going to use the "Dash" as a major part of stiffening up the canopy so I must cut the holes for the guages be for I weld it in---so have to buy them---

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1166 on: June 23, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
some have their laser this and their laser that---  well I have  HF laser level aligned sheet metal---turn out the lights and the HF level turned on its side and spend a few minutes tweaking it to make sure its plumb---wallah----very very helpful

If you look close you can see the 3 plumb lines that I also used to measure off of!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:54:57 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1167 on: June 23, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
After I got it centered--  :-P -then more Paper Dolls  slowly---ever so slowly this thing is telling me what it wants--we now will need to do a bunch of alum fab. and tacking on the top and then start down getting the windows in then continue  to inside to nail down the latches and hinges..

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1168 on: June 23, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »
Bill, I used lasers a lot in my build.  Next  best thing to a flat floor. You can float that floor anywhere and measure from there. :cheers: Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1169 on: June 23, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »
Wayne O you are so right this thing helped, peace of mind that it is CENTERED---