Author Topic: "K" Lakester Project For Sale  (Read 7035 times)

Offline jstagl

• New folks
"K" Lakester Project For Sale
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »
K Lakester Project
90% complete.  This is not a backyard assembly.  The aerodynamic concepts were verified with a Fluid Dynamist.  The Chassis is not the result of  a bourbon induced inspiration, it’s a Swift SFR road race chassis, designed for racing.  The Chassis complies with the 2 liter specs so the car can be upgraded with larger engines.

The engine is a 500cc Kawasaki triple built by Aylor Engineering, cost $4500.
The chassis features inboard suspension to keep it out of the airstream (yes, you really do want some type of suspension).  It has a 5 speed transmission with a clutch and  direct chain drive , not a snowmobile clutch with a jackshaft..

The car is open cockpit now.  I planned to race El Mirage with an open cockpit and I would build a canopy for Bonneville.

What’s left to be done
Clutch linkage, finish throttle linkage
Wiring
Wheel adapters to accommodate the rear wheels
Finish body fitting and painting
Mount fuel tank and fuel system
Re do shift linkage
Seat

The car comes with:
Front wheels and tires - AA fuel dragster front
Rear Wheels and Tires - Funny Car front
Gas shocks on all springs
Racing Fuel Cell
Electric fuel pump with cut off
Windshield
Body work

Just about everything you need to finish the car.

Lots of pictures available.  Call or send an e-mail

$7500

John
602-502-3685
jstagl@att.net

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: "K" Lakester Project For Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:40:48 AM »
John, post some pictures and give more info on the cage.  Those will help sell it.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline slimjim

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:48:23 AM »
Would you sell it without the motor?

Offline JoshH

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »
John,

Guessing a DB2? Has the roll bar been changed to meet SCTA rules? SCCA specs don’t jive with landspeed racing.

Josh

Offline jstagl

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
The Chassis is a Swift DB2 with a roll hoop added to comply with our specs.  It uses the Swift rocker arm front suspension with all of the componants inboard, out of the airstream New front uprights were made to accomodate  the skinny front dragster wheels and tires.  New rear suspension system was fabricated to accomodate a chain drive. 

The swift bodywork is unique in that it doesn't use air scoops, that you can actually feel slow you.  The bodywork uses large NASA ducts provide cooling for the motor.I'll be taking some more pictures this weekend..  e-mail me if you are interresed in the car

John
602-502-3685
jstagl@att.net

Offline speedwagon

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
hi, could you send some pictures to   jemrace@sbcglobal.net     thanks, jim

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
Did John ever post images of his modified Swift DB3? I have a strong suspicion that more than an SCTA legal roll cage had to be performed. I am doing something similar with a Reynard FC chassis and nearly none of the original chassis would pass an SCTA tech session. Good idea, however. Most of the expensive components are already in the DB3.

UPDATE: This car has been sold and previous owner thinks it may have gone back to original DB3 road race spec. If so, I am glad that it did. The DB3 is just too nice a formula car to modify for LSR. Even my 84 Reynard would have been sinful to modify had it not been modified by a previous owner and not worth going back to road race configuration.  

John
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:19:54 AM by ggl205 »