Yes
14 (58.3%)
No
7 (29.2%)
Take some getting used to, but ok.
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: January 17, 2006, 04:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Do you like this format  (Read 4152 times)

landracing

Do you like this format
« on: January 17, 2006, 04:04:21 PM »
New Board View

Please visit above link to see a new format for message boards and vote. You must be logged in and registered to vote....

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Format
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I like logging on to Landracing.com and seeing the latest posts listed the way they are -- rather than the index of all categories.  The way it is now -- I get to see what everyone's talking about since I was last at the site.  The way the new one looks I'd have to open each separate topic to see if there's something new -- right?

Still, Jon, you know I'll hang around and participate and read no matter how you present it -- although if you go to Mandarin Chinese (or worse, to "real" English, just for Malcolm) I might have some regrets.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

Do you like this format
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »
Jon,

This does not affect the way it appears on the main Landracing.com webpage. This effects the way the index of the message board looks.

So right now we have this
http://www.landracing.net/phpbb

the link in the first post is what will replace it depending on the vote.

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
do you like
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »
Careful, Jon the shreader might use his cross cut machine and make a puzzle out of it. I like it either way as lone as we have it available and it's posititive and informitive with a little humor for Jack and Dan. Will you have HICK SPEAK and Babble talk section for Keith.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Format
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »
Okay, now I see whatcha mean.  I do like the new one better -- shows more stats, stuff like that.  I almost never use the "current" one -- probably wouldn't see the new one much, either, but if I had to pick -- yes, I'll choose the new one.  Switch my vote from no the yes.

By the way, Glen, when we shred the paper we don't need to remove the paperclips or staples.  Kinda wonder about the toilet paper they make out of the shreddings, though. . .

They do remove the carbon paper -- no built-in skids marks this way.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Do you like this format
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »
I like it.  More information, yet still the same and easy to use.

I usually don't like change for changes sake, but I like this one.

c ya and thanks for all the effort,

Sum

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Do you like this format
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »
I LIKE IT. More info for a info geek like me. And with this post I move ahead of Scott Guthrie. May be my only chance to beat him at something. My bikes aren't as fast as his and I don't do that swimmin thing, I just think people don't wanna see my fat ass in full leathers much less a speedo.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Do you like this format
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 01:17:08 PM »
look out Joey i'm commin for ya

Offline DrofRockology

• my blog
Re: Do you like this format
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »
in general i do not like forums.  i don't see them as being user friendly.  especially for those who are not computer savvy.

i much prefer email groups like yahoogroups (even as much as i dislike those yahoos at yahoo) or google groups.

if i get an email with a subject line i'm not interested in i can just skip it or delete it on the spot.

in a forum i have to actively look through the endless subjects.

i own 4 email groups and they seem to work smoother than any forum group i've been involved in.

with two of the groups it is imperative that the membership has easy and quick access to what is being discussed.  but, the messages we exchange are more business than chit-chat.

conducting an off-road rally is just about as much fun as trying to put on a lake meet - except that it's being conducted over a 130 mile course instead of a 1.3 mile course.  if we have an issue that comes up, quite often we have it resolved within the hour.  it can be as trivial (or seemingly trivial) as "we lost a volunteer and need somebody to tow a toilet out to checkpoint charlie."  or more important like "our insurance has been canceled.  what do we want to do?"  the latter subject has not yet come up.  and i hope it never does.  it would surely kill an event which i created and has since become quite popular in my neck of this level of hell.
gregory w. gillette
aka: monty wolf (not monte wolfe)

"fear is never boring!"

read all about it: http://montywolf.blogspot.com/