Author Topic: Maxton April Meet Whos Going?  (Read 21103 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Maxton April Meet Whos Going?
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »
At Bubs last year I was able to post speeds but it is tough ... need an assistant to get it consistant. Slim is the master of this ... he did Cooks shoot out ... Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
Nancy and I will not be at Maxton this weekend -- so I won't be able to give any kind of on-the-spot coverage.  You're all invited to send stuff to me -- good runs, photos, etc -- and I'll post them as I can get 'em onto the site.  If someone will send me a run log at the end of the day (Deb, maybe you'll be able to help out here) I'll get that up for all, too.

Business is good and won't let us leave the store for a week.  See you in June (going to Denver for a family wedding in May).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
Slim ... glad business is good ... especially in the current economy ... you seem to have the golden touch.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »
I'm hearing Shirley Bassey singing
"Slim Finger
He's the Man
The Man with the Midas touch"

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
Let's take that idea a step farther.  Out at SpeedWeek I'm in charge of about six dozen portable toilets.  So - do I have a golden touch out there -- or what?  I'll drop out on that note and let the bunch of you have your fun.  But just remember -- too much hasslin' and you'll have a porta-potty stationed directly upwind from your pit.  And that potty will be one of 'em that is forgot each time it's service time.

Sniff, sniff.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2011, 12:46:15 AM »
Loaded up by 10 PM, heading North. Should pull in about 9am.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2011, 05:33:41 AM »
Leaving Columbus, OH at 6:00AM, Finally the Snow melted yesterday, Thought I was going to have to shovel the trailer off to get the Truck on, Spring my Donkey!

See ya there Y'all
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Got in the pits at 0900 ... cold and damp ... 49 degrees with strong breeze out of the north, 6-8 knots ... place is starting to fill up. I hear what sounds like Steve Von Blarcom's roadster running down at the south end ... the lakester with the Benz engine is here ... a few Blue Bird motor coaches are pulling in ... Eric (RacerX) is setting up his bike ...  looks like it will be a good event ... weather prediction for tomorrow is 70 degrees ...

Joe

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
Have fun and be safe fellow racers... :cheers:

Get your personal best and perhaps set a record or several.. :wink:

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
Day started nice ... 47 degrees and sunny ... 0830 drivers meeting and discussion about future events. There are about 100 entries. Probably 50 bikes and 50 cars. Dave Freiberger and Hot Rod Magazine crew are here. Racing started a little after 9 with some good runs early ...I was done at the starting line and didnt get the speeds for the first 25 or so. The Jaguar XJ6 with big block Chevy motor went 195. Then the first oil down and subsequent cleanup occurred. Followed by winds picking up to 20 mph, direct cross wind. After an hour it slacked to 15 mph and racing commenced again with a 125 mph limit. So license passes or vehicles limited to 125 mph ran. Then the second oil down and subsequent clean up occurred. When this was completed the wind was blowing 30 +. After a long wait at 2:20 the plug was pulled and racing was halted until tomorrow. My brother Tom has to work tomorrow so we are packing up for the ride back to New York right after the 2010 Awards Banquet.

Offline geezer1

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2011, 07:45:20 AM »
Here is an article from our local paper. They had done an article after we ran last September. The local response has been great. We're sure hoping that the ECTA staff find a new venue to keep the racing going after October!

http://www.mlive.com/sports/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/04/hickory_corners_mans_geezer_ex.html

Thanks again to everyone that helped us reach our goal!

Geo Turner
Geezer Racing
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:28:27 AM by geezer1 »
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2011, 07:50:24 AM »
Let's take that idea a step farther.  Out at SpeedWeek I'm in charge of about six dozen portable toilets.  So - do I have a golden touch out there -- or what?  I'll drop out on that note and let the bunch of you have your fun.  But just remember -- too much hasslin' and you'll have a porta-potty stationed directly upwind from your pit.  And that potty will be one of 'em that is forgot each time it's service time.

Sniff, sniff.
I think the job title for that kind of work is "Honey Dipper"  :-P
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »
Jon knows his - um - crap, for sure.  But he doesn't take any - um - crap from anybody.  There's a million of 'em!  IF Nancy was in charge she'd be the Latrine Queen but she's not.  I guess Jon is the Prince and the Pooper?  Sorry, I can't stop.........

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
Dan, I've even got an embroidered patch sewn onto my jacket:  P O P P.  No, not POOP, as in poop, but POPP, as in my official title (which, by the way, is used even on the Volunteer job list that's circulated during the months before SpeedWeek and WF:  I am the (ready for this?) Potentate of Porta-Potties.

Take that, folks, and run with it as you will.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com